Ketosis Fairy waved 'bye bye'

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
Yep, I have been out of ketosis since Wednesday of last week :( I started with a terrible cold and felt awful on Weds evening. I couldn't hack it anymore so I had a lemsip. Resulting in the ketosis fairy leaving me and feeling hungry. Since then I have not been having my shakes, I couldn't face them. Instead I have been having weatbix and toast :( The good news however, is that I am feeling much better now and ready to get back to ss'ing. Jumped on the scales this morning, and what a surprise - 3lbs on! :(:(:( I have also been feeling very much as big now as I was 21 stone back in April. I feel like my belly has ballooned, and I can still see rolls on my back :( I don't know why I'm feeling so down about myself - i just feel huge :(:(:( I only have 2.5 stone to go and I will be at my 11 stone goal. Although I am looking at myself and thinking that I need to loose a lot more than 2.5 stone. I know a lot of people at my height (5"4) are often between 9 and 10 stone :eek: I just feel like it's such a big dream to chase at the moment. I seem to have lost my positivity :( HELP!

Emma

I am the same i have had a planned break this weekend due to a party and now feel HUGE, i think it is the bloating. I am back on SS+ today and gonna feel thinner again by wednesday. I think My Ketosis Fairy and Yours have gone on a short break to spain for the weekend i am sure they will be back by Thursday hon.

Keep your chin up get focused maybe we can help each other this next few days get back on the SS Train.

Muchas Lovas

JS x

Just get back on it and within the next couple of days you will be feeling more positive again. I am a bit shocked that weetabix and toast makes you gain 3lbs :eek: I am getting quite worried about when I start eating again if thats what happens

Emma I am in exactly the same boat as you, but sadly I took myself out of ketosis by drinking wine last sunday (yes I know how dangerous it is) ever since then I have struggled one way or another and on Friday decided to just forget about it and start again Monday (today) as i am back to work today and have more routine, I have about 3 stone left to go that is also half way as I have/had lost that so far, my scales are showing a 4lb gain, bit gutted because i havent actually been 'that' bad but bad enough I guess, got my weigh in tonight so only time will tell the real damage
I had lunch yesterday but then also had my shakes and im feeling really positive about getting back on track today, I too feel bigger than ever whats that all about? I think what didnt help was i bought a full lengh mirror, in the week I was feeling really confiden with the 3 stone loss but when I looked in the mirror I looked the same as I ever did :( obviously I dont really but I think that comes from never having a full lengh mirror before and not knowing the 'true' extent of my weight :(
well waffled on enoough now, what I wanted to say is good luck you know you can do it, and if you like we can support each other as we have a amout that is almost the same too loose and seem do of had a week alike too
xx

Hi Emma, I also had a planned break like Jimmy this weekend and put on 2lb on my own scales, but was actually really glad to get back on track-didn't actually enjoy the booze n carbs as much as I thought I would. Know what you mean about feeling as big as you used to be after just putting on a couple of pounds-used to happen to me all the time when I was maintaining when I lost weight in 2000.
However I don't feel like that today,coz I love this diet so much and know it will come off and we have all got minimins support.
So come on girls it motivating Monday, and bet we will all have got rid of our extra pounds by Friday!
We are all lovely people whatever size we are, but we all feel better about ourselves when we are in control.x

Jimmyshoo - Well aren't we a pair together! lol :) I know what you mean though - once I am back in ketosis I will be feeling more positive again. This journey has really turned out to be a bumpy ride for me these past few months. I would be up for joining you, we can take on the battle together! :) Tattymoo - I know, I am very shocked at the 3lb gain too, it does make me think that when I start to eat again, what on earth will happen. Having said that it's the carbs! I just need to flush them away with plenty of water today, and get my head back in gear. Misspinkkat - I'm glad I'm not alone! I really do beat myself up tbh when I have a bad day or week. I know if I had stuck it out with something else (rather than lemsip) I wouldn't be in this predicament now. The annoying thing is - it didn't even bloody help! And I could even smell or taste the toast or weetabix with the cold! Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

Hi Emma, I also had a planned break like Jimmy this weekend and put on 2lb on my own scales, but was actually really glad to get back on track-didn't actually enjoy the booze n carbs as much as I thought I would. Know what you mean about feeling as big as you used to be after just putting on a couple of pounds-used to happen to me all the time when I was maintaining when I lost weight in 2000.
However I don't feel like that today,coz I love this diet so much and know it will come off and we have all got minimins support.
So come on girls it motivating Monday, and bet we will all have got rid of our extra pounds by Friday!
We are all lovely people whatever size we are, but we all feel better about ourselves when we are in control.x

Your so sweet Mrs T, and you are so right! By Friday those 3lb will have vanished. I think I'm perhaps thinking too far ahead. I am constantly re-analysing my goal weight. I just don't know what to do...My cdc is wonderful, and I have spoken to her about this. But she is very much of the attitude "continue until you feel you are happy" but I feel like I need a number to aim for. Saying that, it gets me down knowing that I am 2.5 stone away from my goal - it seems so far! Saying that, back in April at my biggest I would have given anything then to be where I am now. I'm confused to why my head is playing such cruel games. GRRRRRRRR !!!!

Emma- very true we all beat our selfs up but we know that slight gain you have will have disappeared in no time when ketosis kicks in. I had a cold recently too, but i drank cough medicine like no ones business for a couple of days and gained 4lb i was gutted, but i managed to get by food wise with extra salads, and when i got back on the shakes, i was in ketosis in 2 days and i had lost the weight i had gained. We all have these moments that we cant control through illness, but CD works and your'll be where you were and further down the scale very soon.

Back