Ketosis has finally arrived hooray!!!

liz0703

Silver Member
Whoop whoop!!! I am finally in ketosis:D for the first time ever in this diet!!! I am overjoyed!! I thought I felt abit brighter this morning!!! Just checked my wee (sorry!) on the urine sticks at work and it went straight to v strong +ve. And its only day 3 1/2-wow!! I am so happy I could cartwheels!!! My thing now to STAY in ketosis now it is actually here!!!

PS When does the 'lovely' breathe start?? Have my mint spray to hand that the chemist gave me!!

Thats great keep up the good work

....3 weeks in and mine is only faint....wonder what i'm doing wrong

Fabulous news hun, although having never been tested for ketosis, I couldn't tell you when I was!!!! But my results speak for themselves!!!

I only checked coz I have urine sticks in my room, they check for sugar, protein, ketones etc.... otherwise I wouldnt have bothered either.
Roll on WI tomorrow. Thank you everyone, still cannot believe I have got this far in million years, still along way to go, but at least I am moving forward, rather than backwards.

Thats great keep up the good work

....3 weeks in and mine is only faint....wonder what i'm doing wrong

You aren't doing a thing wrong hun! As long as the strip shows you aren't negative then you are in ketosis. Everyone is different, some days mine is the lightest, some days its in the middle, when i was 4 stone heavier it was always dark. It should only really be the darkest pink on the strip first thing in the morning if at all. Any other time and it could be a sign that you are not drinking enough and not flushing out enough ketones. So don't look at the colour, just be happy at the fact that you are in it :) xx

I only checked coz I have urine sticks in my room, they check for sugar, protein, ketones etc.... otherwise I wouldnt have bothered either.
Roll on WI tomorrow. Thank you everyone, still cannot believe I have got this far in million years, still along way to go, but at least I am moving forward, rather than backwards.

Thats brill hun! At least you should start to feel better now :) lots and lots hopefully! And your burning of alllll that lovely fat now too lol x

You aren't doing a thing wrong hun! As long as the strip shows you aren't negative then you are in ketosis. Everyone is different, some days mine is the lightest, some days its in the middle, when i was 4 stone heavier it was always dark. It should only really be the darkest pink on the strip first thing in the morning if at all. Any other time and it could be a sign that you are not drinking enough and not flushing out enough ketones. So don't look at the colour, just be happy at the fact that you are in it :) xx

Thanks for the reply, its put my mind at ease:)
..i know i'm in ketosis as ive got all the signs and the hunger has gone :)

Thanks for the reply, its put my mind at ease:)
..i know i'm in ketosis as ive got all the signs and the hunger has gone :)

Then thats all that matters isn't it hun :D woo lol x

Wd so are you allowed mouth sprays when i watched the dvd it said you cant use mouth spray if it was recommended by your chemist whats it called x

Ive not actually started using it yet as I was abit worried about it myself, it contains menthol. It is called retardex oral spray-fresh mint flavour!!! What do u think? They gave it me last time too. My Lord, I dont want to use it and come out of ketosis!!!

LT told me the only mouthwash i could use was listerine original (the strips are fine to use?)

I wonder if my ketostix are faulty- they're ALWAYS negative, yet I can see white bits in the sample? They did change colour during my first week though? I drink about 10 pints a day- I wonder if that has anything to do with it.....I'm off to google to see if I can find out....

i was told i couldn't use the spray too interesting. well done you for going keto, it feels great doesn't it.

be careful drinking 10 pints irish mum, you have to drink enough but not too much as it will flush all the salts out ur system and be really poorly. that may be why ketosis is not showing up, but if your not cheated im sure u will still in it.

yes it is a great feeling, i am feeling the happiest ive felt in weeks, going through a stressful time at the moment- which is probably why ive succeeded with the diet- no appetite!! But I feel like I can conquer the world today- I hope this never leaves me haha

be careful drinking 10 pints irish mum, you have to drink enough but not too much as it will flush all the salts out ur system and be really poorly. that may be why ketosis is not showing up, but if your not cheated im sure u will still in it.
Thanks for the concern! I'm being careful, thats including all the black tea I drink, and it's spread through out the day? It's an average intake too- it's sometimes more, sometimes less- depending on where I am & what I'm doing? I try to strike a balance? I have a personal minimum of 6 pints, so as long as I've had that I'm happy?

Yes, I think I probably drink more than the 6 pints too with the shakes, coffee, sparling water, water.... Im not sure what the dangerous level of too much fluid is, I will find out coz I want to know aswell, coz what else have we got to but drink!!

Back