Ketosis? how pink are you?

Sussex Girl

Hi everyone :D

I'm familiar with ketosis etc, but what I wanted to ask was this:

No matter how much I stick to SS I never get above the first, or second if I'm lucky, pink box on the strips.

I think this is why bars tend to knock me out of ketosis and make me feel hungry again. Even when testing first thing in the morning I never read higher on the 'pink scale'.

I only have water and my 3 tetras a day -I avoid everything else and still I can't get higher. Do you all think some of us are luckier than others and can keep higher on the scale naturally?

I'd love to hear from all you girls who test regularly, to see if it's just me being unlucky or if this is normal?

Hi there

I think as long as you show pink you are in ketosis, the depth of colour doesn't mean you are any deeper into ketosis just that you are dehydrated. If you are on the first or second level this is great as it means you are in ketosis and well hydrated.

Georgie
x

Hi there

I think as long as you show pink you are in ketosis, the depth of colour doesn't mean you are any deeper into ketosis just that you are dehydrated. If you are on the first or second level this is great as it means you are in ketosis and well hydrated.

Georgie
x

thanks Georgie,

I drink loads of water so no chance of being dehydrated. I guess I just assumed that the further in ketosis you are the more chance you have of staying in it. I'd love to have a bar every day but it just seems to kick me out and make me hungry all over again.

I just have them when I'm desperate to eat, and as a mega treat.

I only ever have a light pink...

I seldom use the sticks now as I know when I am in ketosis...I have a feeling of well being and no hunger.

The strips only indicate what's happening in the urine. Ketosis happens in the blood and body tissues. If you're showing even a small amount, then you are in ketosis, and fat-burning is taking place. Don't get hung up on the ketone sticks.

I stick with cranberry and my favourite the peanut bar as I did think the others where throwing me out of ketosis.

Love Mini xxx

you should be aiming for light pink so it sounds like you are about perfect there. As has already been said, if it is dark pink it generally means you have not drunk enough water

sil

My take is that you are either in ketosis or not. You are never really "further into" it. Admittedly you can be better "established" in ketosis after you have been there a week or so.

The key point as others have said is that as long as you show pink, you are in. That is all that matters. The differents levels merely measure the concentration of the ketones, and therefore how hydrated or not you are.

When I was first losing my weight I was losing at 3 or 4 pounds a week, every week. Most of the time I did not show any measurable colour change on the stix due, I think, to the fact that I was drinking 6+ litres of water a day.

I must have been in k-land though because I was cold, losing weight quickly, and my breath could strip paint at 100 paces!! :)

Back