Ketosis question?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Trixie Firecracker, 10 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Trixie Firecracker

Trixie Firecracker A Work In Progress

Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    Yup, you can definitely get into ketosis whilst eating normal food.

I did Atkins for a few months a few years back and I was eating great, went out to restaurants regularly, had lovely steaks and creamy sauces, full fat cheeses and lots of yummy foods and I was always in ketosis.

You just have to watch the carbs - bread, rice, pasta, potatoes etc...

If you concentrate your meals around proteins, fats and healthy veggies you'll be fine.

Just out of interest - are you taking 3 Exante shakes per day along with a meal, or just 2 or how are you fitting your shakes in around your food?

Best of luck with it!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Trixie Firecracker

Trixie Firecracker A Work In Progress

Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    Ooops, forgot to mention, Re: mints, breath freshener etc...

Now I'm not an expert on Exante - tbh I got no booklets or leaflets with my order, just the bare shakes, however, I'd assume it's the same principals as Lipotrim which would mean no mints.

Not sure about breath freshener - do you mean the spray thingies?

Mouthwash is ok though.

I know when I was doing lipotrim a lot of people used those instant breath freshener strips that dissolve on your tongue, and they reported no adverse effects weight loss wise, however I abstained to be on the safe side.

4. Tummy Tamer

Tummy Tamer Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(25.19%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Hey Shannon,
    I totally agree with you about breakfast, in fact I never knowingly miss any meal !! I think science agrees too and says breakfast is essential for weight loss. I have a shake hot for breakfast, with a couple of tablet sweeteners, hot choc yum!
    Having weetabix probably won't get you into ketosis though, which is a bit of a bummer as ketosis is so helpful to weight loss. If you can't handle a shake try a bar for breakfast instead. They are kind of weetabix- ish. You could have eggs instead perhaps.

5. Pink

Pink Happy Little Bunny

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.42%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Salmon with low fat cream cheese is nice and low carb too.

6. borntofly

borntofly In it to win it.

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.87%)
    Diet:
    Exante (switched frm CD 10/09/09)
    If I can't get a shake down I make it into a "bar". I crush two tablet sweetners in a bowl, add the mix and then add a tsp of water at a time - mixing it until I get a thick paste. I then put it in a ramikin, microwave for 100 secs and allow to cool. You can make "chocolate brownie", "strawberry muffin", "banana bread" and "coffe e cake" (add 2 tsps instant coffee).

However, this is not recommended to do regularly as it kills some of the nutrients. Make sure you drink extra water. They taste ok!

size102b likes this.
  7. ayesha1977

ayesha1977 Member

Diet:
    contemplating Exante and CD but now going to go back on Atkins as it worked for me in the past
    All these tips are really helpful. Thank you and please keep them coming! Am in my second week of Exante now and do tend to eat a little bit of meat here and there purely because I miss eating! Also I'm paranoid that it might be bad for your teeth to stop chewing! (That's just weird)

8. borntofly

borntofly In it to win it.

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.87%)
    Diet:
    Exante (switched frm CD 10/09/09)
    lol - it certainly beats a shake! Just had banana. I know we can't do it all the time - but it makes a nice treat. Now, if anyone knows a nice way to get the soups down, let me know. I'm really struggling this time with the soups. :mad:

9. mush

mush Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st1lb
    Current Weight:
    24st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    the minimum amount of water, hold your nose and chug it back like a shot, lol!!!

10. yummy101

yummy101 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(22.13%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I like pepper, so I add cayenne pepper to the soups. Give them quite a kick!!

11. ayesha1977

ayesha1977 Member

Diet:
    contemplating Exante and CD but now going to go back on Atkins as it worked for me in the past
    i've just tried warming the bars... and they become a bit more dessert like...so give them a try..tried the toffee one today. Not bad.

12. Miss Demeanour

Miss Demeanour I.P. Freely

Start Weight:
    132.1kg
    Current Weight:
    132.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    one off the interweb...
    wow - some top tips when the boredom kicks in!

I tend to throw in chilli flakes when blending the soups. Good and warming.

And the banana shake's crakin' when done hot. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.