KETOSIS "QUESTION"

carly1309

Okay so a quick question???
If you are in Ketosis are you always burning fat?
What I mean if you eat something that u shouldn't have but
are showing pink on the stick are you still burning fat?
and will it be okay? :sign0163:

I think that as the pink on the stick shows you are in ketosis, then in theory, yes you will still be burning fat. I think! I'm sure someone will know the definitive answer to this and be along soon.

Theresa x

VLCD's work on a process of mild ketosis, which means it uses up its store of carbs and then starts to burn fat. Because of the low amount of carbs in a vlcd your body burns the fat off instead of the carbs off.

The atkins diet is not a VLCD and also works on a ketogenic diet, eliminating nearly all carbs, therefore doing the fat burning process.

The reason I mention the two is becuase on one diet food is had, and on a VLCD no food is had but they work on a similar principle, however atkins can also be high in saturate fats.

Logically, if you are showing pink then you are in Ketosis, if you have eaten a low/no carb food then you may well be, however it may take a few hours for the carb store to come back so the pink may not show on the next testing.

Im not a scientific person, just tried to explain the logic behind it, so if anyone has anything to add please feel free ;)

I always thought that the ketones detected by the stix are a by-product of any breakdown of fats, and that they would still show pink if your body was breaking down the fat in food you'd eaten rather than body fat.

It would be really good if someone clever could clarify that for me :)

Back