Ketosis! reason for toast!

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by JULY2010, 21 March 2010 Social URL.

1. JULY2010

JULY2010 Full Member

Diet:
    CD SS
    Afternoon all,

When i started last sunday on atkins i was really poorly with a real bad cold. I didnt eat for 2 days apart from picking on meat and cheese. Due to this i got into ketosis really fast.

Ive just had a thought today......when you are poorly and dont want to eat, people always try to get you to eat toast! this is always the case when you are in hospital......it must be to stop you going into ketosis and feeling even worse??? But we all know when you are poorly and dont eat the weight falls off you...again ketosis!

Me and my mad thoughts!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Myr

Myr Still Motivated

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(26.13%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hello JULY2010,

Generally if one has been poorly with gastric trouble like a stomach bug and has not been able to eat for a day or two, it is often recommended to reintroduce food with what is known as the 'BRAT' diet. BRAT = banana, rice, apple sauce or toast (dry). These items are thought to be less likely to irritate further an already sensitive stomach. :D

Love Myr xxx

4. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I never thought of that, LOL BRAT indeed. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.