Ketosis sticks - question

karen.garraway

Hi all
Does your cdc provide you with ketosis sticks? As i have only lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks my cdc gave me a bottle so i could provide her with a sample at my next weigh in (tuesday). Unfortunatly i had a chinese last night (sat) ahh i know how naughty i am but i felt in need of a treat as i have been so good. Am back strictly on it again as unlike other diets although i have had a blip i am still determined.
Do i still do a sample for my cdc on tuesday? Do you think i will be back in ketosis by then? I have realised why i have had a slow couple of weeks - chewing gum and the wrong salad dressings as i did weigh on sat morn and had lost 5 lbs after not having had the c gum or s dressing.
How long does it take to get back in ketosis and if cdc's dont provide the sticks can i buy them?
Appreciate any advice as I have had had great replies in the past :D
xx

I have definatly been staying off carbs and have been sticking to the chicken / fish as told in the book, this was just a treat. How do you know that you are going into ketosis within about 48 hours? Sorry if i am sounding thick xx

With me, I started the diet Friday, and was told to check for ketosis on Monday at the very least, to allow myself time to go into ketosis, but by this morning I was on the darkly coloured side of the chart (def in ketosis). I have been very strict, I'd love to chew gum but make sure I don't, (try those sugar free breath sprays instead, they don't seem to hinder progress). I'm on sole source though so it might be different for you. My counsellor provided a few sticks but I also bought a tube, you can get them from boots, or buy them online, priced £7.99.

Back