KETOSIS

Kay Knight

Well that was a weird, strange and not very nice experience...for the last 3 days I have had the most horrific pounding head ache and have felt like crap, thought I had the flu coming, but this morning I have got up and feel absolutely brilliant, full of energy, cant wait to get on with housework and walk the dogs (even though its blowing a gale out there)!
I am only guessing that I have entered ketosis as I also have the most disgusting taste in my mouth. Tania (Scrumper) asked me when I started Dukan 3-4 weeks ago if I had had a bad headache and I said yes but after the headache I have just suffered I realise the last one was nothing. Don't know why it has taken me this long to go into ketosis maybe I had a lot of crap in my body to get rid of??? Trouble is I am off to Portugal on an all inclusive Hol in a weeks time so I am assuming I will have to start from scratch when I return.:sigh:
Do You lose weight quicker once in ketosis? (She asks hopefully):rolleyes:

you should lose quicker or steadier in K , but everyone is different still remember the water helps

prehaps your body had to get rid of all the booze toxins :p

Yep you should loose well in ketosis. No cravings or hunger pangs.

Think I might buy some sticks tomorrow?

Holiday sounds exciting though!

Bren
X

you get them from the chemist tell you if your in it or not bit like the protien stick when in pregnancy ....think people use them just to check where they are i dont too much of a skinflint

You pee on them in the morning and they detect the level of ketones in your body. There are various shades of pink. The real dusty pink means very good, weak pink is ok as u still in ketosis and dark pink burgundy is bad as u are severely dehydrated.

People use them to monitor when they are in ketosis and what licks them out.

X

I keep hearing the word 'ketosis' thrown around on this site... can someone tell me what it means pretty please?? :)

Ah thankyou! That makes a lot of sense! :)

Back