Ketosis...

Good advice

local chemist didnt have any either!! The whole world must be on CD lol.
Eventually got them from 'my lady' when I had my weigh in.
and I'm well and truly 'in the pink'
Lynne x

im not sure if i have cheated or not......bought the soups which i found disgusting gonna get the shakes on thursday when i have my weigh in, but in that time i have had 2 10 calorie soups (get them from morrisons and they are yes 10 cals each!) Checked the packet and hardly any carbohydrate plus i didnt have half a shake because of it, my counceller has said that it wont affect me at this stage me having done it, but i felt like i was going to faint this morning was wondering if it was diue to lack of water (iv drunk loads since then) is that going to stop me from going in to ketosis plus another cheat i think..iv had one coke zero- but it has no sugar no carbohydrates, etc... let me know what u think please!! xxx

maybe you are feeling faint because having two 10cal soups isn't the same as the shakes/soups, because they contain all the vitamins and stuff you need in one day? so that could be why.
i've read in a lot of posts that coke zero is ok, but check with you CDC. Try not to drink too much of it until you find out I guess :)

learn to distinguish fake hunger from real, what you should do is look at the last time you ate, if its more then 4 hours chances are its real hunger, if its less then the chances are you are most likly thirsty or dehydrated. Make sure you drink plenty of water as you are cutting out a lot of fluid through the day and it helps pass the ketones through urine.

To answer the question Ketosis levels and timing varies from person to person, the least is 3 days with he most being 7 - 9.

well i popped to my chemist to get some of those sticks and i think they have given me the wrong ones Diastix? - or either im not in ketosis yet [Day 4]. can any1 help ?

I tested my urine twice yesterday (day 5) and it wasn't til late evening that my stick started to change colour. Dinner time it showed neutral.
Stick with it!

neutral?? does neutral mean ur in ketosis im now baffled!!!!!!!!!! i got the ketostix and mine was the highest, i figured that means im in ketosis, it just says '++++' ????/ Anyone can you help? P.s it was the darkest purple, oh and pps i am soooo hungry for some reason!! Havingto make my son pasta etc and boy has it never smelled so good!!!! =( xxxxxx

Kimbo, they have given you the wrong ones, Diastix test for glucose in your urine, they should've given you ones called Ketostix or you can get others called Multistix (which test for other things at the same time, but are more difficult to interpret). I use Multistix cos I can get them for free from work.

Donnaandjack, any hint of pink on your stick means you're in ketosis, but the darker the pink is, means that you might be dehydrated. It's usually darker if you do it first thing in the morning, and lighter in the evening provided you've had enough fluids during the day. The ++++ is just for medical testing only (Diabetics use these sticks too) , it doesn't matter to the diet whether you have 1+ or 4+'s.

Hope this helps xxx

Last edited:
Yeah that did help actually i need to keep drinnking more water- forget sometimes, i got weighed yesterday first weigh in and iv lost half a stone, just thought id share...yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! lol xxxxxx

Yeah that did help actually i need to keep drinnking more water- forget sometimes, i got weighed yesterday first weigh in and iv lost half a stone, just thought id share...yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! lol xxxxxx
Yay, well done, keep up the good work hun xx
PS I find it hard to drink water when I'm at home, I just forget, but at work I have a water bottle with me all the time - maybe I need to get one for home lol.

I started on Wednesday and have now gone in to Ketosis which is great. But yesterday I had the most horrendous heartbutn all day, has anyone else experenced this, I drank loads of water and eventually I was able to calm it down and get somew sleep but it was horrible.

I started on Wednesday and have now gone in to Ketosis which is great. But yesterday I had the most horrendous heartbutn all day, has anyone else experenced this, I drank loads of water and eventually I was able to calm it down and get somew sleep but it was horrible.

Oh dear. Not nice.

You can take rennies or gaviscon for heartburn, so might be worth getting some in.

Or

Peppermint tea is good and will help:)

ooo

It's a shame about the heartburn cause that can be horrendous........ I haven't had ant heartburn since i start cd.... i guess i've been quite lucky......

I get really bad heartburn when I eat the cambridge bars they taste yummy but not worth the burn lol. Eating a pea sized bit of toothpaste also helps get rid of heartburn aswell xxx

Back