Ketosis?!?!

I everyone!! I bought some of those sticks last week to check my levels and I have nit been in ketosis this week at all!!! I'm doing SS and have stuck tout and the water 100% I'm dreading my weigh in tonight because of this!!! Does anyone else struggle to get in ketosis? Or are the sticks rubbish? I would appreciate your help guys!! This will be my third weigh in and I was hoping for a big one :(
Thanks'!!!!
Xxx

The sticks are really, really rubbish. For lots of reasons they're really inaccurate.

Basically, do you feel as hungry as you should, bearing in mind you've been having fewer than 500 cals a day? If the answer is no, you're in ketosis. It can vary how long it takes for a person to get there (took me five days) but once you are, if you stick to SS you will definitely stay there. No point testing!

good luck for your weigh-in.

How much water are you drinkin?

Water really is the key to having great losses xx

Does anyone know tha effect of the bars on ketosis? When I started eating them the test strip got lighter.

the soft ones particularly are a bit higher in carbs than other CD products. but if you're not feeling ravenous then you're still in ketosis, so no harm, no foul.

I find that I only get a colour showing on the sticks when I'm dehydrated, if I'm hydrated then nothing, if you've stuck to it 100% you must be in ketosis, or defeating science! I think your just drinking plenty of water : )

Thanks so much for your replies!! I got the tub of them the chemist and everyone said no but I have managed to lose 21 lbs in three weeks so I must be doing something right!!! Lol!! I drink about 3 litres of water most days... I just don't think those sticks work for me!! It said I wasn't in ketosis at all this week but lost 7lbs??? Hmmmm! I'm giving up on them... They are EVIL!! Lol xxx

I don't blame you, I haven't bought them this time around, if I'm doing it right I'll be in ketosis. Well done fo the amazing weight loss by the way!!!!

Pearl77 said:
I find that I only get a colour showing on the sticks when I'm dehydrated, if I'm hydrated then nothing, if you've stuck to it 100% you must be in ketosis, or defeating science! I think your just drinking plenty of water : )

Hi lisa!

Or... you're not someone who pees out their ketones. Lots of ketones come out on your breath, still more come out of your pores as you perspire.

That's another reason why ketostix are notoriously unreliable. :)

I also heard that with all the water that we drink on this diet the ketones are so watered down that they don't register... but that you are still in ketosis.

21lbs in three weeks.... I'd say you have no worries lol :)

brilliant, this explains a lot! i was worried that i was showing up colour yesterday but not today. im not hungry so i must be in ketosis, but i only get colour on the ketostix in the middle of the night or the morning, so it must be dehydration, thankyou!

Back