Ketosis????

xxrebeccaxx

Silver Member
Ohhhh I gave in and had a small bite size sausage roll and am so worried its going to affect the time to get to ketosis!! I've been so good for 2-3 days, not long I know!!! Someone help x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You'll be fine - it'll have delayed you going into ketosis by maybe a whole hour ;) Seriously hun, if that's all you had, you won't have done much damage.

But NO MORE NIBBLING NOW, okay? :nono:

Oh thank god lol! I'm finding it hard not having food! My fiancé is obviously carrying on eating what we would usually eat and I want to aswel lol
I actually went to the fridge for a nibble of ham lol but saw the sausage rolls!
So when does ketosis usually happen and when will I know of its started?

You're on Day 2, right? So ketosis'll probably hit tomorrow or the next day (so long as you steer clear of those sausage rolls! ;)).

You'll probably recognise it when it happens. The first thing you might notice is that you feel a bit better than you did. You might notice an odd taste in your mouth - sort of sweet. And the best thing of all, you won't feel so ravenously hungry. Oh, you'll still find it tough to smell food but you won't feel quite so bothered about it. Hard to explain, but you'll soon know what I mean.

Oh, and the other thing - you're likely to feel a lot colder than everyone else around you. So fish out your woolly socks and throw on an extra cardi!

Well done on getting to the end of today relatively unscathed xx

Thankyou :) il keep an eye on it! So is that when u really start to loose the weight? Sorry CDC didn't go into ketosis much!!
Thankyou I think as soon as I see the scales go down il deff be more motivated! At the minute I don't feel no diff apart from not as bloated!

Are you weighing yourself every day (and no, I'm not saying you should, just asking!)?

You'll have lost 2-3 pounds already most likely but we're all different and to some extent it depends on how much you have to lose overall. The first week usually results in the biggest loss - most of us drop around a pound a day over that time. It slows down quite a bit after the first week though (to an average of half a pound a day). Just to be clear, it's not the fact that you're in ketosis that the weight drops off fast, it's the fact that you're eating hardly any calories. Being in ketosis just makes eating fewer calories more bearable (cos it takes the edge off hunger).

Hang in there!

Back