Ketosis

Daisybank

Hmmmmmm!
Hi Everyone

I have been looking around the site and there are lots of messages about going in and out of ketosis. This may sound dumb to all you peeps out there but how do you know when you are in or out of it? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Your breath stinks!!!
Seriously, you can buy sticks to pee on (ketostix) and if it goes pink you are in (hence the saying "in the pink")

You'll also notice you have a lovely fuzzy tongue. Oh joy, I cant wait.....
I found as well that when it kicked in I immediately got a strange taste and sensation in my mouth. I'm just waiting for it now lol, am on Day 4 of SSing! Come on, come on......

im on day 5!!! and must def b in ketosis.... my breath stinks... extremely embarrasing

Hi im on day 6 and dont really have smelly breath, maybe the odd funny taste! Im sure i must be in ketosis by now?!
Tracy xx

My tongue looks fine but to be fair im a dental nurse and a bit obsessed bout oral hygiene, i brush my tongye everyday. Is there any reason i may not be in ketosis?
xx

By the way Elle you must be so proud of yourself x

Thanks Tracy, I am quite chuffed, but VERY glad to be back SSing to shift the last stone!

I think it took me about 5 days to get into KT, but everyones different. If you have stuck 100% to the plan then you should be in. Have a look at your tongue first thing in the morning and see what its like.

Failing that, I would buy some Ketostix (but not from Boots as they try to refuse to let you have them). If you do get some, test first thing in the morning, first pee - or you might get a false result if you test later as you'll have drunk loads of water and diluted your results!

Ah right great i'll do that. Believe me i've

Believe me ive stuck completely to the plan!! I am such a stubborn person that i cannot give in if i wanted to haha xx

why would boots refuse u thoses things

Well, I havent been in to Boots to buy them but a lot of people have, and have been sternly questioned by the pharmacist as to why they want them. I think they will only happily sell them to diabetics. They must train their staff to question ferociously anyone who might be on a VLCD!

I got mine on Ebay, but some CDCs and chemists sell them too.

Thanks Elle just hope i can do nearly as well as you have x

Does your tongue look a bit fuzzy? Just not a healthy pink like normal?

My tongue gets so furry that I have to 'scrape' it few times a day!!! Paranoia makes me think it looks obvious but I'm afraid to look at it in a mirror so I don't know!!

BUT!! I'm lucky, manage to be avoiding the bad breath. Still eating lots of listerine strip tho, just in case.

Hey Map! Me neither lol! I had a break from dieting and just maintained but I'm not ready to shift hte last bit to am SSing again, but still not in KT after 6 days, ARGH. We are shooting end Feb/early MArch, so I just *have* to get the weight off by then or I wont fint into the corsets!!!!

How are things with you??

Hey Map! Me neither lol! I had a break from dieting and just maintained but I'm not ready to shift hte last bit to am SSing again, but still not in KT after 6 days, ARGH. We are shooting end Feb/early MArch, so I just *have* to get the weight off by then or I wont fint into the corsets!!!!

How are things with you??

Your looking fantastic Elle!!!

Well done on maintaining!:happy096:

Love Mini xxx

Back