Ketosis??

juicylucy

I'm on day 3 how do i tell when/if i'm in ketosis how will i feel when it happens?:confused:

do you have ketostix, people react different to ketosis... i didnt get there until day 4!
But general symptoms are
cold
tired
grumpy
light headed
Hope this helps

no i dont have any of the sticks i'm just about to look on ebay for some. I actually feel quite good but that could be down to the hot vanilla shake with coffee and a sweetner that was yummy!! i do feel cold and have blurred vision?

oh yeah... i forgot about the bad breath lmao

you could be very near hun... you might get a really bad craving for food soon... this will be your body trying to fight against ketosis...DO NOT GIVE INTO IT...IT WILL PASS!!!

oh right i'v had a crappy tastin mouth since yesterday cant stop brushin my teeth lol its either brush my teeth or eat somat just to take the taste away but i haven't given in which i'm really proud of myself for. I made my son some toast this mornin it looked so good i really wanted to have a bite but i didn't :eek:) why didn't i have this willpower before i wouldn't have needed to be on lt if i'd have been able to say no

Got my ketostix from Boots. When they go pink you're in ketosis. Or I could lend you my grandson who was close to my breath yesterday and said "ooohh, who's let one go?" bless him!!!

lol arn't kids great they tell it like it is!!! My 4 yr old comes out with somat new everyday to make me laugh.

Got my ketostix from Boots. When they go pink you're in ketosis. Or I could lend you my grandson who was close to my breath yesterday and said "ooohh, who's let one go?" bless him!!!

how much did you pay at boots hun?

I've a crap memory, but think around the £3 mark but there's 50 in the box and I only use every 4 days or so. I hate waiting for stuff from ebay so Boots was the answer for me. (Had to ask at the pharmacy).

i;m on day 10 but think I am only going into ketosis now.
Is this possible so late? My friend is a pharmacist and said because I was on antibiotics last week they will affect the bacteria in my stomach and slow down the process. I lost 7lbs first week but was hoping for more as I didn't cheat once.

But today feel tired, grumpy, swirly head, really hungry, much hungrier than I've been so far on this diet
What's wrong?

I have been craving food since day one and have also been grumpy, tired and headachy......i'm only on day three so i can't be in KT yet, please don't tell me it gets worse! LOL!!!!

i;m on day 10 but think I am only going into ketosis now.
Is this possible so late? My friend is a pharmacist and said because I was on antibiotics last week they will affect the bacteria in my stomach and slow down the process. I lost 7lbs first week but was hoping for more as I didn't cheat once.

But today feel tired, grumpy, swirly head, really hungry, much hungrier than I've been so far on this diet
What's wrong?
Wow...10 days... does sound like ketosis onset... the hunger will pass..its your bodies last attempt to get food before converting fat...dont give in ...get ya self home in a bath and to sleep asap and you should wake up feeling fine!
7lbs is a fab loss 1/2 stone!!! and your first week is only water, so if you didn't retain much you will have had less to lose.. i lost 8lb on my first week, same as you really
Keep going xx

Wow...10 days... does sound like ketosis onset... the hunger will pass..its your bodies last attempt to get food before converting fat...dont give in ...get ya self home in a bath and to sleep asap and you should wake up feeling fine!
7lbs is a fab loss 1/2 stone!!! and your first week is only water, so if you didn't retain much you will have had less to lose.. i lost 8lb on my first week, same as you really
Keep going xx

Thanks Nic, I'm not giving in. Nah that's for wimps, am too proud of what I've achieved so far as well as being shocked that I haven't eaten for 10 days not not died
Cool

Back