ketosis

Wabbitt

Laugh, love, live!
:confused: I bought some of those little stick thingys to check that I am in ketosis. I find that one day I am and the next I'm not. I'm doing SS 100% but seem to be having problems maintaining ketosis. Any ideas?

are you testing first thing in the morning every time? think wee can get really diluted with all the water drinking and makes a difference to the results x

If you are doing the diet 100%, you are in ketosis :clap:

hello again KD, I'm stalking you! I am doing well, sticking at it, and nearly down to my last stone!

Wabbit, please don't worry too much about being in ketosis. If you really must test, only do it first thing in the morning as advised, but I threw my sticks away long ago. Keto sticks just show the amount of blood sugar in your body, mainly produced by carbs. However, the packs do contain a small amount of carbs. The more important aspect of Cambridge is that it is a very low calorie diet. It is not the Atkins diet. You will lose weight whether you are in ketosis or not, unlike the Atkins diet.

Good luck, and stick at the diet, ketostix or not.

hello again KD, I'm stalking you! I am doing well, sticking at it, and nearly down to my last stone!

Wow Francis!! When did that happen:eek: Well done mate!

but I threw my sticks away long ago.

Me too. Absolutely pointless. A little like being pregnant, no TOTM, tummy growing, seen the scans of baby.....then deciding to do a pregnancy testing kit :D

Keto sticks just show the amount of blood sugar in your body, mainly produced by carbs.

Sorry...sort of disagree with you here which is strange as I do usually agree with you.:eek:

The ketostix measure the ketones in your wee. Ketosis happens in the blood and the only way you can reliably test is to have a blood test.

It will show on the ketostix if the ketones overflow into the urine and if the urine is concentrate enough for a positive reading.

You will lose weight whether you are in ketosis or not, unlike the Atkins diet.

Can I sort of disagree with you again :D Yes...very true, you will lose weight regardless of the ketosis factor, but they can on Atkins too, though it's definitely more iffy, depending on how many calories they eat.

So it's only 'sort of' disagreements Francis. Is that okay? :D :D

As long as you're sticking to it 100% and drinking enough water, you'll lose weight. I don't think they're terribly reliable :)

Absolutely pointless. A little like being pregnant, no TOTM, tummy growing, seen the scans of baby.....then deciding to do a pregnancy testing kit :D

Hehehe love this, so perfectly put!

Wabbit, as everyone has said don't worry too much, other than using the sticks to check the odd thing like whether you're sensitive to the CD bars the day after you've had one for the very first time, then it's pointless using them really. You don't need to wee on a stick to tell you that you've not cheated that day! xx

Back