Ketosticks

scooterchick

She's me in a few months
Ok I bought some last night, first one was neg, tested again before before bed and it was 'traces', this morning it's the one up from 'traces', when are you actually in ketosis? xx

my cdc says any hint of pink is a good sign!!

Well i am usually always on the 3rd or 4th colour on the bottle but today I am only showing traces grrrrrrr!!! :(

I am a complete weeing on a stick freak and do it daily just to check lol xxx

Well i am usually always on the 3rd or 4th colour on the bottle but today I am only showing traces grrrrrrr!!! :(

Traces is fine. The ketones in your urine is only what doesn't get used by your body. It's the excess; the overflow if there is one.

Some people don't have any excess at all, especially if their body uses the ketones efficiently. Doesn't mean they aren't in ketosis.

The sticks will only show if you haven't used all the ketones It doesn't mean anything really

Whilst on this diet, any shade of pink means you have ketones so probably in ketosis. If you are doing the diet for a few days and you get a negative result, you're still probably in ketosis

Don't stress over the sticks. Save the money....buy clothes instead

Step away from the sticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They make no odds

I've never used one

Doing cd correctly? Yes? Then you'll be in ketosis sooner or later :D

Haha thats good advice - I found six tubs of the things from the last time I did CD in various bathrooms in the house last week. I muft admit I get slightly addicted to weeing on them though. I need to step away and indeed save the cash to buy clothes.

Step away from the sticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They make no odds

I've never used one

Doing cd correctly? Yes? Then you'll be in ketosis sooner or later :D

Agree totally, !!!

they only give false dissapointment stupid little stix !!!!!!!! :)

x

Im right with you there Chika, im totally obsessed lol xxx

Oh interesting - i was going to buy some today - KD thanks for your post, i never knew that.

Amber

I thought any shade of pink was a good sign, but very dark red would indicate you are not drinking enough water?

I like my Ketostix! You can buy them at the pharmacy counter in Sainsburys .... but as you can see from the other posts, they can be addictive.

I thought any shade of pink was a good sign, but very dark red would indicate you are not drinking enough water?

Possibly, but not necessarily. The stix don't test for dehydration, they test for wasted ketones. If you use your ketones well, you wont waste much, so you can get a false or pale pink reading.

If on the other hand, you make more ketones than you need (no indication of fat loss BTW), then you will have a higher concentration, so have a darker reading.

Of course, if you are dehydrated, it may make the ketone result dark as there is a higher concentration, but you could just have lots of excess ketones, so it's worth just checking the amount of water you're drinking, then ditch the sticks and buy clothes :D :D

I like my Ketostix! You can buy them at the pharmacy counter in Sainsburys .... but as you can see from the other posts, they can be addictive.

Yes, true. They can be very addictive and annoying and throw people off the diet too :(

It's worth bearing in mind that whether you have a positive, or a negative, as long as you are sticking to the plan you'll lose the same weight, as ketosis has little to do with weight loss anyway.

Back