Ketostix - Am I in ketosis ???

blondie29

Hi everyone

Well after worrying about if I was in ketosis as Ive not been drinking enough water and I missed a shake yesterday I bought the ketostix from my chemist to check myself if I am in ketosis.

Well Ive been a wee on it and waited the 15seconds and the result was 0.4 or 40mg reading as moderate. So its not negative but its not large traces either so does this mean im in Ketosis then??

Am I where I should be im confused???

Not sure if anyone can help me??

Hi everyone

Well after worrying about if I was in ketosis as Ive not been drinking enough water and I missed a shake yesterday I bought the ketostix from my chemist to check myself if I am in ketosis.

Well Ive been a wee on it and waited the 15seconds and the result was 0.4 or 40mg reading as moderate. So its not negative but its not large traces either so does this mean im in Ketosis then??

Am I where I should be im confused???

Not sure if anyone can help me??

Hi Blondie29 using the ketosix can be very misleading but if its saying moderate then ur in ketosis.
It is not meant to be a high reading as this means u r not drinking enough water and usually depending on what time of the day u do the test then the readings can be different.
How many days have u been on Lt now, symptoms of ketosis are a metallic funny taste in your mouth and not feeling hungry.
If you want to check next time do it first thing in the morning as you would not of drunk any water yet and the reading will be stronger.
If u have been following total meal replacement of Lt then usually depending on the person then day 3/4 u should be in ketosis.
Hope this helps you and take care x

If you've not cheated and have been doing LT for 5 days then you are almost DEFINITELY in ketosis.

I've not used the ketostix but have heard reports that they're not the most reliable.

I don't *think* missing 1 shake would make a difference, but you do need to be drinking at least 2 litres of water a day (drink 3 to make sure!)

You go into ketosis after 3-5 days on average i believe. hope that helps.

How are you feeling so far? when do you weigh in? Ah, you've weighed in already! well i'm 99.9% sure you're in ketosis, chick ;)

Well I do have a metal taste in my mouth and bad breathe and im not really hungry actually, Im still needing to drink more water though and im trying to today. I do have 2 or 3 black coffees a day as well as the water. Ive had 2 shakes today and water and il have my 3rd about 7pm.

Its my day 8 today so il take it that im ketosis then, and I have also heard that the sticks arent very acurate but I saw them in the chemist and they were only £5 for 50 of them so thought id get them to see how they work and what they say.

Thanks everyone x

Back