ketostix.....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by mommysue, 15 October 2007 Social URL.

1. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    just bottle a of ketostix from the chemist no questions asked, prob cos i was in my uniform . however just peed on one and only traces of ketones present. does this mean i am not in established ketosis, for this diet .
    i know the diet is working i can feel it !!!! plus my arse feels a bit thinner

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dobbie

Dobbie I will get to goal .....

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    hey mommysue

you are only looking for a trace of ketones ... so should only be pale pink.

sounds to me like you are in ketosis. way to go hun x

4. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Wait till morning (spooky said so and she speaks the trooooooth)cos your wee is concentrated. You've *hopeully* been drinking litres of water so will dilute it a lot!

They dont ask aout ketostix, they're important for some diabetics :)

xxxx

5. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    just the job..... didnt want to sound to thick being a nurse....lol. have always associated ketones with the diabetics....
    yeeeha at least its working .
    cheers dobbie

6. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    unless you go to boots and the question you about anything .

7. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Happy ketosis to yoooo xx

8. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

my cdc says your either in or your not lol, and a trace means in, lol

9. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    wooo hoooo excellent thecdthing . i am more than motivated now !!!

10. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

you know i checked mine at lunchtime and there isnt a trace of pink, but i am in keto cos i am not even remotley hungry and i havnt ate anything i shouldnt, i think different things can affect what shade it is, one of the more clever and learned folk here will no doubt explain it lol

11. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

Any sign of a colour change on the ketostix and you are in ketosis. As has been said, you are either in or out. The darker the colour, the more concentrated the ketones, and therefore the more dehydrated you are. Therefore, if you test first thing in the morning you may well be right at the top of the scale as you have not had a drink all night and are therefore clearly dehydrated. Test at lunchtime when you have probably already taken on board a couple of litres and the ketones will be diluted, so little or no trace.

Another thing to watch out for as well is testing too soon after having a pack .... The packs contain carbohydrates, and as soon as the body gets easy carbs to use up it will cease burning fat (which it finds hard work) and will leap on the carbs for its energy. You will therefore temporarily not be in ketosis, though you may still measure some ketones. Depending how long you stay out of ketosis, the measurable levels of ketones may drop away completely. DON'T WORRY though, the levels of carbs in the packs is so minimal that you will be back in ketosis pretty quickly, so you won't even notice.

Anything that you put into your body that can be used as fuel and converted to glucose easier than burning fat will always be used by the body in preference. That is why it is so easy to knock yourself out by cheating ......

slushy likes this.
  12. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    thank you . not cheated. as tested a trace that was this afternoon so had a few glasses of the wet stuff( more than a few) had half a pack of soup at lunchtime then had another pack after the test. one and half packs left to go. been thru my box of bits and my cdc gave 4 choc inctead of 2 choc and 2 vanilla ! bit dissapointed looking forward to the vanilla as very yummy !

13. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

Never meant to imply you cheated!!!! :eek: Sorry!!

Just making the point how easy it was to affect ketosis, because some people seem to be shocked when they have a nibble on something they shouldn't and they come out of ketosis.

14. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    :eat: no offense taken , i didnt read it that way anyway. i like all the helpful hints.

15. Vicx

Vicx Reduction!!!!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi Sue
    Hope you don't mind me asking but how much did you pay for them? I went to boots and they wanted about £5 for a small pot! Is that about the right price?

16. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    That's about what I paid Vicky so sounds about right

Gx

17. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    £5.15 about 40- 50 strips in the bottle

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Vicx

Vicx Reduction!!!!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Thx Porgeous! Vx

20. AussieBug

AussieBug Full Member

i read on here a while ago a little money saving tip (can't remember who wrote it - sorry)...

if you cut the trip in 2, you get twice the sticks for the same money! :)

21. Vicx

Vicx Reduction!!!!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    CD
    What a great idea! Thanks for the tip - they are soooo expensive aren't they!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.