ketostix

Brought some ketostix today to check if im in ketosis but im a bit confused what colour it is meant to be. Is it meant to be negeative. I reckon im in between neg and trace, im on day 3 do u think thats right

From what I have read on here before, any difference in colour shows that you are in ketosis. If you are the darkest colour on the chart, that is supposed to show that you are dehydrated. I'm mainly the second or third from darkest colour when I do them. I only do them every now and again just to check.

Yup - anything except negative means you're in ketosis. Too dark and you're dehydrated so the colour doesn't matter in terms of being in ketosis as long as it's not negative. If you're already in on day 3 you're doing very well!

your find that in the moring and end of night your be really dark and in the day it will be light ive even had neg beofre but hour later its half way as long as you follow this to the tea theres noway you cant go into ketoise but its reasuring to see lol

There has been a lot of debate about Ketostix in the past and I have always found them unhelpful! They only test for one type of ketones so you may show neg and still have them! Also different people are different and will always show dark. I never showed dark, even first thing in the morning - which is the best time to test as they are more concentrated. Someone posted on here that you can see little white specks in your wee but I never did! As long as you stick 100% you will be in ketosis after about day 3-5 depending on what you ate in the week before you started.

Good luck.

x

Back