Kettlebell Classes

FatNoMore

I have signed up to a 6 week Kettlebell class this evening, has anyone done a classs before and did you find it good?

Thanks Rachel :)

Hi Fatnomore I love kettlebells, and have found a class I like.
I tried a class at a local gym but spent most of the time running and squat lunging around the hall, so not my idea of a good class

You should get a good few minutes warm up, then you should be doing different moves with the bell for the rest of the session. It will be tough, and dont worry of you cant keep up, they are very challenging esp when starting out

If you want any advice or help, join us on the secret to shaping up thread - its all about the bells :)

Hi Fatnomore I love kettlebells, and have found a class I like.
I tried a class at a local gym but spent most of the time running and squat lunging around the hall, so not my idea of a good class

You should get a good few minutes warm up, then you should be doing different moves with the bell for the rest of the session. It will be tough, and dont worry of you cant keep up, they are very challenging esp when starting out

If you want any advice or help, join us on the secret to shaping up thread - its all about the bells :)

this thread is fab and Kron is the guru!!!! x

Alex what a lovely compliment thank you x

you are the guru! never mind us buying all these dvds off amazon - get one made yourself - i'd buy it! especially with your combo moves in there!

Had thought about when trying to find some good links to post lol
I am in truth a lazy geek :) I knew I had to exercise so researched to find the most effective, cos if I had to do it was going to make it worth it, stumbled on the bells, 20 mins 3 x pw - right up my street, and now a complete kettle nut lol

Do it, do it! :)

Well I went to the class last night and really enjoyed it, glad I signed up:D

Thanks for the advice Kron, I'm just going to look for the secret to shaping up thread now!

I have been going to kettlecise classes 3-4 times a week now really love it!

Started with a 2 kg in 1st class and 1/2 way through changed to a 4 kg - my legs hurt for days afterwards! Just did the one class for 2 weeks using the 4 kg. week 3 I added in a 2nd class and my legs also stopped hurting :) thought I was doing the exercises wrong lol week 4 started doing 3 classes and upped the weight to a 6kg week 5 used the 6 kg for all exercises and did 4 classes! By 4th class I was tired but still ok to do full class with 6kg :) just a bit slower on some exercises!

My results so far are that my shoulders and from my ribs up have been toned and I have def lost a top size so no longer an 18 round my shoulders am a 16 going on a 14! I carry most of my weight on my stomach area, and I know that a 16 top fits my arms and shoulders but not my tummy area.. I have lost 3.5 cm off my waist so fit a size 16 trousers/ jeans, which are getting looser :)

My week 6 for classes has been put on hold due to my OH having to work late for next 10 days so decided to buy the kettlecise DVD pack for when I can't go to class!

That's some good results there. Its always great when clothes start to loosen! :) Also a good illustration of how quickly you can progress with the weight.

Just bought a 8kg Kettlebell from Kettlebell seminars neoprene cover, I think is nicer than the vinyl. Hope my DVD comes soon as they said 8kg will be here tomorrow :)

My DVD arrived today!

Haha felt a bit of a wally to start with during the warm up. But once I got going is program 1 from my class, so knew what I was doing. Did it with the 4kg defiantly too light now, the 8kg will def be a challenge :) burned 435 kcals as per HRM

Did the 20 min express program too! Lol go me!! Total kcals 617 HRM

My 8kg arrived today :) so will try the kettlercise DVD program with it tonight :) see how many exercises I can do

My 8kg arrived today :) so will try the kettlercise DVD program with it tonight :) see how many exercises I can do

You can always drop down to your other bell. Its great to start building a selection of bells for different types of exercises. Happy Swinging! :)

Mis-behave said:

Pooh let us know x

Just finished the kettlercise full body program, using the 8kg for all swings and a few of the rows, plus the high pulls, rest of arm work used my 4kg. For all floor work I can normally do it with a 6kg but is too hard at mo with the 8kg! HRM says 435 cals same as last night, think I work harder in a class situation :)

Just finished the kettlercise full body program, using the 8kg for all swings and a few of the rows, plus the high pulls, rest of arm work used my 4kg. For all floor work I can normally do it with a 6kg but is too hard at mo with the 8kg! HRM says 435 cals same as last night, think I work harder in a class situation :)

That's great. Well done. And you will be able to monitor your progress with how much you can do with your 8kg over the next few weeks. :)

Back