Kettlebell Classes

Ordered mine today is might be here tomorrow - is meant to be a harder workout :) I've done 2 different workouts at class so be interesting to see if it is the 2nd one :)

Great work

HRM are only an estimate. with kettlebells you tend to burn cals during the exercise and then 24hrs after your body metabolism burns more (EPOC) plus positive effect on insulin and fat in your system. so all round for the win!

Im working up to 16kg for all exercises and i alternate and do focus sessions with bigger weight. its a journey....

Just finished the kettlercise full body program, using the 8kg for all swings and a few of the rows, plus the high pulls, rest of arm work used my 4kg. For all floor work I can normally do it with a 6kg but is too hard at mo with the 8kg! HRM says 435 cals same as last night, think I work harder in a class situation :)

Thanks. I like the HRM cals as I record them in myfitnesspal, mfp tends to over estimate cals for exercise. I know that the burn continues which is great :)

Just finished 60 mins full body kettlecise DVD, used the 8kg again, did about all swings and rows, high pulls, used the 4kg for lunges, kick backs and arm work, if I had a 6kg would use that instead :)

Feel good.. Have done wed, thurs, fri so far this week.. Prob do sat, sun and mon night too lol OH still on late shift

8kg :) bet your feeling it with that one!
Great work and hope your new dvd comes soon. I enjoy having a few different workouts to do to keep it interesting
Happy swinging :)

I have Just finished the kettlercise vol2 full body program 50 mins and then did the 8 min ab program total 60 mins HRM says 469 cals

Sweat was dripping down my face and back of my shirt is damp.. My arms are warm and tingly down the backs.. The cat almost got knocked for 6 at one stage.. Very good work out!

Did all swings with 8kg.. And the shoulder press I think it's called.. all rows, side bends, squats (with out presses) windmills - 8kg Used the 4kg for wood chops, the rack and press, plus most other over head arm Movements- I can normally do all these with a 6kg - but don't have one at home.. Back to class on wed night - asked for a 6 and 8kg to be available :)

Hi Mis-behave - quick question. Are the 50 minute sessions on the DVD the same as what you would do in a class?

I have ordered both the For Women sets (got the new one on offer so thanks for the tip off :)) and think I shall give them a whirl when I've finished my current round of Advanced Kettleworx. Happy with KW but thought I might learn some new moves.

Thanks. :)

They are very similar, the warm up in class is much better, also the cool downs etc.. But in class I can't pause - have to keep going - pushes me harder :)

Thanks for the info. No classes up round me unless I fancy a 56 mile round trip to Inverness! :)

Oooo thats a long way to travel for a class!! :)

I was thinking of joining a class but am worried it would b all men,... I thought it was a reasonable price though £4.50 per session or 5 for £18??? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Donzy84 said:
I was thinking of joining a class but am worried it would b all men,... I thought it was a reasonable price though £4.50 per session or 5 for £18??? X

Ps is it the same routine every week in class then? X

My DVDs arrived this morning which was great service considering its free P&P and I ordered them on Sunday afternoon. Watched the exercise explanations section this afternoon and was pleased to see that when he was explaining some he gave tips for advanced variations and its stuff I already do on Kettleworx! :) A few different moves but on the whole they are very similar to KW.

Will definately be having a go between KW rounds.

Donzy84 said:

My class is mainly woman and a few men tucked in the back... Most days have the same routine mon like vol 1 Tuesday like vol 2 wed vol1 thurs vol 2 etc..

Did my DVD again tonight vol2 did 20 min express and thought is still early I will do 50 full body too, did most of 20 with 8kg and about 1/3 of 50 min with it to before my arms said oiii so swapped to 4kg.
HRM said 20 160 kcals 50 min 450 kcals .. So worked hard tonight - my face is very red/pink!!

Doc today said my bp was excellent!! What had I been doing to bring it down. Promoted kettle bells :)

Back to class tomorrow, will do tomorrows class with the 6kg and my 8kg.. Should be fun :) people to chat too in person..

I also ordered some L8- lean burn drink powder to try choc flavour. Will have it instead of my normal skimmed milk Cadbury choc.. Sure it will be better for me than the Cadbury hot choc powder !

Went to class last night and tonight, shoulders/ upper back ache tonight, def work harder in class than at home doing DVD.. Did all swings with 8kg, but rest with 6kg - my arms were feeling tired!!

Also day 6 mod GI and low/ good fats diet change.. More thirsty and have mild headache today..

Hi kron,
I would love to do the 3 x 20 mins sessions. Is there a DVD out there that covers this?
Thank you for all your help
Sherry x

Hi Sherry - Kettleworx delivers the 3 x 20 minute per week sessions. Each session is different and is grouped into Cardio, Core and Resistance. So you do one from each DVD only the week. All the sessions are numbered so you just run through week 1 of each then week 2 etc. Really simple and there's a warm up and cool down on each session, so in reality you are looking about 25-30mins per session.

Back