Kettlebell help needed......

pinkelle

I'm on a mission!!!
Hi all,

I have been reading through a lot of posts on all different forums and I have noticed a lot of people on here have been using the kettlebells.

I have been considering some for christmas but don't know where to start. Can anyone recommend a set any any DVD's etc to use with them please??

Thanks all!!

x

Depends on your level of fitness. In general it is said women start with 8kg, men start with 16kg. But that would have killed me lol. 16kg to start? Waaay too high! 8kg was an easy starting point for me and my fitness level sucks lol so 8kg is probs a good place to start. Unless you wanna start smaller but you'll outgrow it quite quickly I imagine.

Don't waste time with DVD's at first. You should use youtube to perfect your swings and lifts first. Most definitely you need to perfect the swing, the snatch and the clean and press. Form is extremely important. Its not just swinging the bell around. For example, with the swing its weight in the heels, squat don't bend the spine, engage the core and use your core and momentum to swing, not your biceps.

Its all on youtube, definitely start there. You'll be torching hundreds of calories in half the time soon enough :)

Thats great, thanks Aesir!!

Have fun :) You're gonna looooove the Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) a day or two after your first workout. It hurts so good!

Hi Pinkelle I agree with Aesir that form is crucial to prevent injury and get the best results as is needed for all types of exercise. There are loads of techniques on you tube, but if your like me and need a routine to follow to make sure your challenging yourself and getting an all over workout, dvds or classes are great. Come join us on the swinging thread for any questions and help - see link in my sig

Thats great, thanks both!!

Kron, I think I will "swing" on over and take a look!!! LOL!!

x

I got a set for my birthday from Argos, they are 2, 3 and 4kg and to be honest they werent worth buying in a set as the 2 and 3kg are far too light. I use the 4kg and it is really good. i have kettlebell dvd's, core and cardio, which i love, both about 20 mins long. I am going to get an 8kg soon.

Tara that will be quite a jump from a 4 to an 8 but doable :)
Drop in on the swinging thread for other bell users

Well I got my kettlebell!! Mum and dad have got me one for xmas and as (mum says) not worth wrapping up so I have got it early!!

I did a workout with it last night, Kettleworx. The first workout was a 15 minute one including warm up and cool down. I pretty much managed most of it, the sweat was pouring off me!!

This morning though.....my school run was more of a school crawl!!!!

Lol Pinkelle, great to hear you got your bell, and allowed it as an early christmas present :)

It is tough when you first start, but it seems you managed it, so well done you, and each week you will be able to do more and more, it is quite amazing how quickly you get used to it
Did I forget to mention the little aches the next day ooops :)

LOL Kron....little aches?!!!? My legs have just about recovered today!!

Have decided to go it again tonight, take measurements and measure again in a month!

Lol keep swing :) I was exactly the same when I first started, it does get less painful I promise!

Kron said:
Lol keep swing :) I was exactly the same when I first started, it does get less painful I promise!

@ kyron I understand you went from an size 16 to 6 in six months, Congratulations on that. I want to know did you all the way though your weight loss only use the kettle bells three times a week ?. I was wondering if I should get some but I don't know what weight to get. Plus am not sure if I can just go on routine and pick up how to do it. Think I need a DVD , do you know any DVDs I can get for kettle bell

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Caburygurl said:
@ kyron I understand you went from an size 16 to 6 in six months, Congratulations on that. I want to know did you all the way though your weight loss only use the kettle bells three times a week ?. I was wondering if I should get some but I don't know what weight to get. Plus am not sure if I can just go on routine and pick up how to do it. Think I need a DVD , do you know any DVDs I can get for kettle bell

I can't link from my phone but if you look on the first post on The secret to shaping up thread, Kron says how she did it etc.
Just thought It might be quicker to look there xxxx
Good luck!

Shirleen said:
I can't link from my phone but if you look on the first post on The secret to shaping up thread, Kron says how she did it etc.
Just thought It might be quicker to look there xxxx
Good luck!

How do I look it up

Shirleen said:
http://www.minimins.com/fitness-exercise/219703-secret-shaping-up.html

I'm at home now so can link for you.
One thing I think we all agree on is that Diet is the key thing, KB's will firm you up, strengthen your cor soyou stand and walk better and your clothes will look better on you. But to lose fat you need to diet.

Really looking forward to you joining 'The Swingers' LOL x

Thanks so much for the link and the positive support xx

Back