Kettlercise

Keelykins

Has anyone tried kettlebells or kettlercise? My gym has started new classes and intrigued. I have no doubt it is going to hurt A LOT but surely it can only mean good things!!

Hi, I do. I try to go twice a week and live it. I have tried so many classes and just got bored but this one I have stuck at. I am only using a 4kg weight but it's still a killer for some of the moves. Apparently introducing weights is great for weight loss and it's odd getting so sweaty when your not doing cardio!

Nixy said:
Hi, I do. I try to go twice a week and live it. I have tried so many classes and just got bored but this one I have stuck at. I am only using a 4kg weight but it's still a killer for some of the moves. Apparently introducing weights is great for weight loss and it's odd getting so sweaty when your not doing cardio!

Ha ha that was love it not live it!!! I'm not that keen

I go to kettlercise class twice a week and it is challenging but well worth it.
Kettlebells are a great way to tone your body as well as reputed to being one of the highest calorie burners, with a great afterburn effect and major inch loss

Give it a go, you will most probably ache for the first few sessions and be a sweaty mess at the end of it, even tho there is no running and jumping about involved.

If you want kettlebell help or want to know a bit more about them, come visit us on the secret to shaping up thread - its all about the bells :)

Aw thanx guys I'm used to being a big sweaty mess so that doesn't bother me! I've heard it's a good exercise and be good for my bingo wings lol!
I thought you were a bit mad to live it!!!
I think I will give it a go don't expect my weights to be high but anything to help speed up burning away my fat and I get bored at aerobics etc! I just don't like aching two days later like I am atm after body combat, but then I guess it means I worked hard!!!

OMG did my kettlercise class tonight and I huuuuuuuurt!!!!! My legs mainly I cannot walk up or down stairs lol havent ached like this for ages!!!!!

Keely lol it will get better I promise, first few will have ou aching all over but the bod is an amazing thing and it will start getting easier, good luck, I have been there and survived :)

Lol thanx I feel like jelly today so work is gonna be fun!!! But I did kind of enjoy it!

I did it a couple of times and it hurt but was good. Then the bloke at the gym started only doing it with his personal training sessions so I stopped (I pay over £500 for the gym a year so not paying a PT too)

Just make sure the class size isnt too big as you really need close supervision as you can do loads of damage if its done incorrectly

I am still in pain from my class on Tuesday and have topped up that pain with body combat tonight!!! Ouchie!
There's only about 12 in the class and she did seem to be watching everyone a lot. I'm hoping it gives me results soon I'm not good with voluntary pain!

What's a really good DVD to get? The kettleworx set looks way too expensive!

I don't know I'm rubbish with DVDs at home I don't work as hard! There's a new wii "game" that I want UFC something and it's a lot of kicks and punches. I love the zumba wii or I have old salsacise DVDs I love. Depends what you want! I'd never do kettlebells at home prob cause myself an injury! Lol

I try to go to kettle bell classes 2-3 times a week - I have really seen a change in my body shape - much more toned and I am sure it has helped with the weight loss! I love it - can see muscles developing + see myself getting more toned - only annoying this is that it is so popular it is tough to get booked into the class!

Hi Everyone

Well after reading this thread I am contemplating investing in some kettlebells even though i have just bought yet another piece of exercise equipment for the home and had promised my hubby "No more gym equipment"

Debs

Kettlebells are excellent. Perfect for killing calories, toning up and getting fitter. Added bonus is that while you have to work hard, you tend to work for shorter periods of time.

Well worth the investment but of course you need to do the exercise that suits you and your lifestyle.

Buy your husband P90x and he can join in working out....

Back