Kev's weekly rammblings, started April 22nd 2010

Kev*

Hi everyone, have read some of your inspirational accounts so decided to join in and intend to post once per week straight after weekly weigh in. I managed to lose seven and a half pounds in my first week by simply sticking to the plan and going to the gym. Hope to lose at least 2lb per week in these early days and concentrate on my mini goal of 15st. I just can't imagine actually being able to fit into anything in my wardrobe instead of dragging out the same old rugby shirts and baggy jeans all the time. The kids and wife are always telling me off, but at the moment its a case of what fits and not what looks good.
Will keep reading all your inspirational stories, good luck. Kev.

Welcome to SW Kev, look forward to hearing how you get on. Plus over half a stone in your first week - thats FANTASTIC x

Well, second week out of the way, wasn't able to get weighed on my normal Thursday night but called into a local club on Friday morning.
Lost another two and a half pounds so that's a grand total of ten pounds in two weeks. :D
Not able to make the gym all next week as I am away from home but intend on getting out on the pushbike and aiming for another 2lb off. Like everyone, I want all the weight to drop off faster but dead chuffed at the moment, just got to keep it up.

Just had a brill breakfast, two wholemeal toast, bacon, beans, tomatoes, 2 poached eggs and a smidgin of brown sauce. All washed down with a cuppa. Sorry, supposed to just be adding my weight on here but just had to share my lovely breakfast with someone. Ok, got weighed on Thursday night, knew I had done well all week and lost another 3lb. :D Not ben hungry at all and really enjoying this healthy eating malarki.
Next post in one week.
(weight ticker is actually tracking 2lb less as started SW healthy eating a week before actually joining the club and had lost 2lb in the first week)

Last edited:
well done joining SW and goals you achieved so far :)

now how do you do those ticks in your siggie lol

Well, here we go again, just got weighed and have lost another two and a half pounds :)

I feel so much better even though I still have a long way to go, just can't wait until I get to my ideal weight as I can't imagine how I will feel as I haven't been there for years.
Its only been 5 weeks but a total of 171/2 lbs lost so far, dead chuffed. :D

Last edited:
Weigh in time yet again, didn't have a clue what to expect as have eaten as and when I feel because I have been really busy DIY-ing instead of thinking ahead and planning meals. Began to panic for the last three days before weigh in so did a lot of gym work as well as gardening. It paid off :) another 3lb loss ! Since starting on 15th April I have now lost a total of 1 stone six and a half pounds and have reached my first mini target of 15 stone. next target is another half a pound for my one and a half stone award. See yawwlll next week. :)

Ooops! Bit of a blip in the weight loss front. Not surprising really, even though I have been very busy, only made it to the gym once and have been missing breakfast and then grabbing a sandwich as and when I can. Going to revert back to actually using my syns and thinking about what I am eating instead of thinking I know how it all works now and guestimating (good made up word:))what I am eating. Lets see what a week of actually following the plan and going to the gym does in next weeks weigh in.
Nearly forgot, maintained/stayed the same this week
:sign0007:
Ps Claireybelle and Ellebear, look at you two, steaming ahead what a good inspiration for me and others, I'll go for my one and a half stone award and slimmer of the week, next week; lets see what happens! :)

Last edited:
Ooops! Bit of a blip in the weight loss front. Not surprising really, even though I have been very busy, only made it to the gym once and have been missing breakfast and then grabbing a sandwich as and when I can. Going to revert back to actually using my syns and thinking about what I am eating instead of thinking I know how it all works now and guestimating (good made up word:))what I am eating. Lets see what a week of actually following the plan and going to the gym does in next weeks weigh in.
Nearly forgot, maintained/stayed the same this week :sign0007:
Ps Claireybelle and Ellebear, look at you two, steaming ahead what a good inspiration for me and others, I'll go for my one and a half stone award and slimmer of the week, next week; lets see what happens! :)

Aaaww, thank you! Good luck with the award and SOTW! And well done on maintaining, it's not a gain!:)

And I use the word guesstimating too! Ha ha!:8855:

Had to miss this weeks weigh in, was away with the family for a 60th Wedding Anniversary. Had a very posh 'high tea' which was mainly sandwiches with the crusts cut off and three, two tiered cake stands full of cakes, you can probably guess at what happened next, it wasn't pretty! But it was absolutely gorgeous and the 'old un's' loved it.
Next weigh in looks like being missed again as we are away at Coniston, will try and weigh in somewhere else if poss. Keep up the good effort everyone, and I hope you are all doing a bit better than me at the moment.

Not given up, but - - - - - - -
Gone off track, down the hill and on the slippery slope to fatsdom (if such a place excists?) Been in hospital having a knee op, combined the resting of the knee on the settee with crisps, chocolate, icecream and other junk stuff. End result, gained 10lb over three weeks :cry:

However, there is good news, I have still lost about 11lbs and I am definitely back on track. Will be posting every week from now on.

I've got that same little green light, I need to disable it somehow, as when its on I can see the bourbon biscuits in the cupboard (for the kids:cry:) Can't walk far at the moment because of a knee op but just done a few miles on the pushbike with the sister-in-laws dog so fingers crossed, should be back on track for wi on thursday. Nice to see you are doing so well, keep it up and if I find a way of getting rid of that light, I will let you know.

Yay, back on track, 6lb off, it was like going back to my first week, trick is, now sticking to it.
Got two more weigh ins then off to France for a fortnight. A mixture of cycling, walking, swimming and Kayaking, combined with cuisants, wine, beer, bbq's and meals out :D

The plan is to really go for it right up until we get the ferry on the 24th, so hopefully 2 or 3 pounds loss for each weigh in?
We'll see.

Back