keys to success?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by emmaleonie1984, 19 April 2010 Social URL.

1. emmaleonie1984

emmaleonie1984 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimminworld
    Morning everyone, just wondered what your keys to success are? And how do you stay motivated when you hit a wall or gain?

I always seem to fail and i dont want to this time.

Em x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    Mine are:

1. Attend & stay to group as much as I can
    2. Keep a food diary every week - I don't always hand it in now but I still keep it
    3. Every now & again I go 'back to basics' and start again as if I was a newbie
    4. Visit Minimins every day
    5. Be honest with myself - if I have a blow out then I write it down & try to figure out what the trigger had been
    6. Allow myself the treats - I don't deny myself anything but I have learnt to ask myself if I really do want it or if I am just eating for the hell of it
    7. When I get fed up I tell my C at class & it is discussed and ideas thrown around to get the mojo back
    8. Check syn values, weigh & measure -DON'T GUESSTIMATE!!!

Good Luck!

CamilleBates likes this.
  4. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes as Julie said. I think it is important to keep a food diary & write down all your syns. It's easy to pretend you've not eaten syns but you're only kidding yourself, and by writing things down you can keep track of what you're eating.

I keep positive & focused by reminding myself how well I've done. If I'm feeling down I just look at my mum, she's not in good health which is mainly weight related & I'd say she's not too overweight, poss 3 stone. That keeps me motived.

5. Care Bear xxx

Care Bear xxx on a slimming mission!

Start Weight:
    18st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(35.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always remind myself that nothing tastes as good as being slim feels!!!

I have the most hideous pic of myself on the fridge - thats enough to put me off eating for a start!!!!

When I have a brill week (diet wise) and then maintain at weigh in, I just remind myself that if i wasnt on a diet at all, chances are i would have put weight on!!! and that all the effort that week, will definatley pay off the week after!!!

xxx

6. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    That is my motto too...just think how good it will be to feel slim and absolutely nothing can beat that feeling!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.