Kezza's Fussy Eater SW Diary

Hello all, my name is Kerry I am 25 and I am from Swindon. I was one of those people who used to be very slim when i was in my teens and always joked around and said "Ohhh I dont have to watch what I eat...I will never let myself get fat" hmmm well a few years later and weighing in at a whopping 16st 13lbs here I am!
I am the fussiest eater in the world so I have always been quite scared of "diets" as such. I have tried so many different things...I have tried Cambridge diet for a while...that was so difficult but I did have some good results, it was the maintaining part I found the most difficult because I didnt like any of the food you were supposed to eat. I have now figured out that healthy eating is the way forward as not only will it help me loose weight, but it will be easy to maintain and will benifit my health massively.

So I have decided to start this diary to keep me motivated and hopefully meet a few people that I can help motivate along the way!

When I say that I am a fussy eater...I really am not exagerating. I dont eat pasta or rice, not 1 item of salad and very few vegetables. I used to eat no vegetables until I was hypnotised...I have to say it was an interesting experience and it helped slightly as I now eat carrots, swede, parsnips and sweet potato. It has also helped me with trying new food as I never used to try anything new, and I also wouldnt be able to touch a food i dislike let alone put it in my mouth. I have now been able to chop foods up and put them in different foods that I can hide them in :)

I weighed in for the first time on 26th August and lost a HUGE 8lbs in my first week (YAY go me!!!)
2nd week on the 02nd September I lost 1lb despite going for numerous meals out so was pleased with this!
3rd week on 09th September - Missed this weigh in as had a hospital appointment! Was good this week though!

So today I have had:
B: 1 Mango & Passionfruit Muller Light, 1 Banana & 1 x Cherry Bakewell Alpen Light (half of HEB)

L: Homemade Quiche (ingredients below) and Lots of strawberries

Grilled smoked bacon (no fat) chopped up, lay these pieces on the bottom of a flan dish, dice mushrooms and onions (I chop in a blender so that they are so small i cant see them or I would pick the bits out haha) 40g reduced fat mature cheddar (use as HEA) eggs and a dash of skimmed milk..all of this is Syn free apart from the dash of skimmed milk (1/2 syn) and sooo easy to make! just add the onions and mushrooms to the egg mixtrure and pour over the bacon..sprinkle the cheese on top and bake in the oven for 40 mins or so! I always let it cool before I eat it so that the cheese tastes stronger and it really is so yummy! obviously you could add lots of superfree foods to this as well if you liked them.

D: (planned ahead) Rump steak with Slimming World chips followed by lots and lots of pineapple!

Snacks: 1 clementine between brekfast & lunch, 1 Alpen L bar between lunch and dinner (HEB) and 250ml Skimmed milk (4.5 syns) with a belgian chocolate options sachet (2syns) after dinner

Total syns = 7/15

Hi Kezza, Welcome to the forum. Well done on that loss...good start and hope things continue that way.
Nothing better than turning over a new leaf and sticking to healthy eating..always makes for feeling so much better as well as the weight loss.
Lots of peeps doing SW like yourself so no doubt there will soon be others subscribing to your diary... well done!

Hi Emmaline,
Thanks for the response :) Hopefully i get a few people subscribe so that I am not doing it completley alone! I am just gonna continue to post my food diarys and hopefully it will grab a few peopls eyes! Helps me to be motivated as well when I am posting my food diary online for everyone to see! Less chance of me being naughty haha!
Kez xx

Hi Kerry, your food diary looks good and you seem to be getting in as much veg as you are able. You've done well so far, with your weight loss - so good luck with your goals.
Tina x

Thank you so much for your support Tina! Really am trying to experiment with things so that I can say I am really being healthier!

Ended up having a few extra syns last night as used some squirts of the olive oil (7 squirts is 1/2 syn) I ended up using 14 squirts altogether and I had a Ryvita Cheddar and Black Pepper Thin which is 1.5 syns so total all together for yesterday was 9.5

I have made some scotch eggs for lunch which I am really excited about! It took all my will power in the world not to dive into them and eat them last night! Smelt soooo good!
I used Weightwatcher sausges (0.5syns each) and 2 slices of 400g wholemeal bread so i used 3 sausages all together to make 2 scotch eggs (1.5 syns) and the breadcrumbs I will used as my HEB! Cannot wait to eat them! only 36mins to go :-D

I did take a photo of these but not sure how I can attach them to my post...if anyonce can help would be greatly appreciated!!
xx

Hello Fellow Slimmers,
Yesterday was a good day! there is nothing better than the feeling of beating temptation and knowing that your will power is at its strongest!
Cake is probably my biggest downfall! I love every single cake you could imagine...even foods I dont like (coffee for example) I will eat if it is in a cake! Yesterday there was a home made ginger cake being passed around and I REALLY wanted a piece but I over come the urge and didnt cave in and now I have nothing to feel guilty about :)

B: Alpen Light (3syns) and a banana

L: Home made Scotch Eggs - made 3 all together but ate 2 for lunch (1.5syns for 3 WW sausages) and used the breadcrumbs as my HEB followed by strawberries and a Peach & Pineapple Muller Light

Snack: clementine and the other scotch egg (I used 2 sausages on one of the scotch eggs so 1 syn)

Dinner: Chicken breast stuffed with Garlic & Herb Philly (HEA) wrapped in bacon with SW chips! followed by lots of grapes

Snack: Rocky Road Hi Fi bar (3 syns)

Total syns = 8.5/15 and feeling very motivated :)

Yesterday was good! I went to my parents house for dinner, which was great because they are very supportive of my slimming journey :) they always make sure if they cook me dinner that it is slimming world friendly...and they always get me a sweet treat that is low in syns! I do love my parents...its great that people that are so close to me are so supportive and willing to go the extra mile to help me!

B: Alpen Light (HEB), banana and a muller light (0 syns - wohoo)
L: 1 chicken breast, clementine, small packet of cheese & chive snack-a-jacks (5 syns)
Snack: small pot of sugar free jelly (0.5 sysns) and my other Alpen L (HEB)
D: Stuffed jacket potatoes...I microwave a large potato to get it soft...cut the top off and scoop out the potato from inside, then mix it with 4 Laughing Cow Light triangles (HEA), chopped bacon and diced onion and put the potato back inide the skin and bake in the oven for 30 mins and it is simply Heavanly!!!!
Snack: was craving chocolate so bad so ate 2 Hi Fi light bars in the evening (6 syns)

Syns: 11.5/15
Also drank 2.5l of water

Today was a good day and I have started a new idea that was suggested in our slimming world group...every day that I have a good day and don't go over my syns I will put £1 in a pot
If I do this for 2 months and stick to plan most days I should have nearly £60 to go and treat myself to a new pair of jeans, or a new dress or shoes and handbags :) Every time i want something naughty...i will just picture myself in a lovely new outfit (a size smaller of course) to try and keep myself motivated :)

Weekend is coming up...have planned my meals over the weekend so I am hoping I will stick to plan but we all know that weekends are the hardest part of the week! Luckily I get weighed on Mondays so puts me off being naughty at the weekend as well hehe!!

Have a good day my fellow Slimmers xx

Good going Kezza.. you'll soon be losing really well.

I'm quite a novice at this stuff but as to posting your photo ..as long as you have down loaded it to your computer..click on the "insert image" icon on the toolbar (it's the one that looks like a little picture..hover your cursor over and it will say so) that will bring up a browser which says "select files" and when you have done that just click on your picture and download.

Thanks hun...i did try that but when i click on it...it says i need to paste a URL instead of attaching a picture. Maybe there is some rule about how many posts you have to do before you can attach a pic!

Today was a test as fist day of the weekend! Still did 100% on plan though so that means another pound in my jar!!

B: Alpen L (HEB) Mango & Passionfruit muller light and a banana
L: Jacket potato with teaspoon of garlic & herb philly and 1 chicken breast followed by a clementine and a large pot of grapes
S: Alpen L bar (HEB)
D: 3 Weightwatcher sausages (1.5 syns) 2 grilled bacon, 1 fried egg (7 squirts of the low syn olive oil 0.5 syns) and SW chips. Followed by lots of pineapple!
S: half a ready made bowl of sugar free strawberry angel delight made with skimmed milk (HEB) one whole pack is 10.5 syns but i ate half so will use 5.5 syns to be safe

at least 2.5l water drank today also!

7.5/15
Have a good weekend everyone

hmmm i only get the from URL option - i dunno! very strange lol i never have been great with technology!!

Yesterday was really tough...i didnt have anthing planned so i knew it was going to be a struggle because always wanna eat when I'm bored! Instead i decided to paint my hallway haha! was a last minute decision to try and keep my mind off food! it worked though!

I didnt eat anything for brekfast because i didnt wake up until quite late as went out partying on Friday night. Alcohol is not a problem for me as I dont drink so dont have to worry about syns from that perspective.

Lunch = Magic pancakes with chopped up banana and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (4syns)
Dinner = Chicken Curry which i made myself - chicken, onion, garlic, chopped tomatoes (this was a huge struggle as my biggest food fear is tomato), chopped potaotes (just to help thicken when they reduce) 2 chicken oxo stock cubes, water and lots of spices (curry powder, cayenne pepper, chilli powder, garam masala, scwarz tikka seasoning) left it to boil away in the saucepan for an hour and it was beautiful!! i had it over a jacket potato.
Followed by pineapple
Snack = other half of the sugar free angel delight (5.5yns) and 1 ryvita thin (1.5syns)

Total = 11/15
Drank way over 2 liters of water as well as tried to drink everytime i had a food craving (which was a lot)

I get weighed tomorrow so I am hoping for good results!!

Sounds like youre doing amazingly! Keep up the good work. It's great that you are eating stuff that you didn't like before too :)

Hello xena and zafira, thanks for stopping by my page! Its great for the support! The stuffed jackets really are to die for! You can even experiment and put different superfoods in them! I am thinking of making loaded potato skins next week the same way, only because when it bakes, the crispy bits taste lovely so if i dont put the lids back on there will be more crispiness! I have a photo but it wont let me upload :-( but hopefully i will make 20 posts soon and will be able to post all my slimming world food pics!

I have had a bad day today as had a last min trip to london to check out a car with my fella and ended up in costa, i had a lump of tiffin which is probably hundreds of syns but hopefully it wont effect me too badly tomorrow :-( it did taste amazeballs though hehe! I have a bad habit of not eating too much on weigh day as well whuch is cheating slightly so i will be starving tomoz xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hiya, just dropping by to subscribe and offer more support. Good Luck with your Journey, I begin mine tomorrow and I cannot wait! x

Hi Kathleen...good luck with your first day! It really is a great diet. I dont think any diet is easy because you are restricting yourself from things you want...but this by far is the easiest one I have done! If you need any help or motivation, or justa diet buddy...by all means drop me a message!

So I just googled the Costa tiffin - a whopping 21.5 syns...it did taste nice but i have to say its not worth that amount of syns considering the size of it - i can make my 15 syns last for a whole day usually and i ate 21.5 in the space of about 3 minutes haha! It felt good at the time but i really do regret it now so i will remember this feeling next time i want to stuff my face lol!

On top of this i also ate 2 bits of chicken from KFC :-( so not a great day! but oh well! i am fully back on the wagon today and i get weighed later so hopefully it wont be a gain!

Wish me luck peeps - will post later with my results :) xx

So had weigh in and i am officially 1.5lbs lighter! Im happy with that! A loss is a loss! Still kicking myself ocer the tiffin but if i loose 2 more lbs i will b in the 15s so im aiming for that this week and im gonna try hard!

I really havent eaten much at all today as have been rushed off my feet!

Ohhhh zafira arent they just scrummy lol! By far my fav meal! A lady on my fb group made chicken breasts dipped in egg and rolled in spicy cous cous and the baked, the pic looked amazing and she said kt was scrummy so defo gonna give that one a try this week :)

Good luck on ur weeks agead ladies and gents! Slow and steady wins the race! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back