'kfc chicken' - could i do it this way?

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
hi guys, i have a relativly small oven and will be making kfc chicken and chips this eve for four of us this evening. Il need both shelves for the chips so was thinking of pre-making the kfc chicken, however, when i did this before it wasnt quite as crispy as it would have been straight from the oven.

So, my Q is, do you think it'd be possible, and just as good to pre-cook the chicken, then cover in the paste and then roll in breadcrums and pan fry.. in frylight? xxxx

Hello lovely, ok just a suggestion, I'm sure one of the more knowldegable cooks will be along soon but instead of pre-cooking the chicken, which I think may dry out if you re-fry once covered, why not just fry the whole thing from start to finish instead of using the oven for the chicken at all?? Obviously you'll need to keep a timecheck for how long you've been cooking it and maybe cut one through the middle to check it's done, but can't seen anything wrong with doing it this way - be carfeul not to 'roll' them aorund too much in the frying pan though, the coating may come off, instead maybe try 5/7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through! Hope this helps??

One more thing.... room for one more??!! :D xxx

I think if you do it raw the coating might burn before the chicken is cooked. So I think it would be better to do it the way Fern suggested which should be ok - or put it under the grill?

Ignore me Fern!! ^^^ makes much more sense! xxx

Just wanted to quickly get in that I use the grill!! I can therefore confirm that this will work

My oven is also too small so I grilled mine and boy they were good!!

I think you are supposed to boil it first to cook the meat and make the skin come off easier... (and the skin does come off that way very easily)!

i only use breasts hun, i cut them into slices xxx Its yum! - btw, i am a silly sausage and realised my grills in my oven, so there for saves no room! x

Back