KFC Chicken done the SW way

Thanks Julie I'm going to try this one think the whole family will enjoy it.

I couldnt find any chicken bovril in asda, just the beef one :(

I got the Chicken Bovril In Sainsburys..;)

Made it tonight, Had 3 drumsticks and have to say it was Stunning, But it was more like a Moroccan chicken dish, The mix spice kinda dominates & the chilli gives it a nice little kick, Think i'll add one tsp of mixed spice the next time....;)

Had this for tea tonight and my whole family had it, admittedly they had chips with theirs but i just had baked beans and it was just like KFC. Only thing i found was a little to spicy so next time no chilli. Thanks so much for this recipe

Thanks for this. I am going to try it as soon as I can find the chicken bovril!
I LOVE KFC but haven't had any since joining SW... so thanks so much!

Is there a difference between the bovril paste and just bovril? :confused: I found beef bovril paste on tesco online and chicken bovril (not paste) I've ordered both but I suppose I need the chicken bovril paste for this recipe?

Wendy

kfcchicken done the SW way

I will definitely have to cook this! I have craved KFC since starting SW in August 2009 but kept putting it off because of the syn value. Thanks for this healthier recipe.

I use poultry magic, it does taste a lot like KFC seasoning. They used to sell it in sainsburys, but i think they stopped. I buy it from atlantic foods, really quick delivery. i also use the blackened steak seasoning on chicken, this gives a cajun spiced chicken result. I'm guessing these are syn free as are just spices.

You just coat the chicken & stick in the oven, the chicken is really moist & no need for any spray oil.

ATLANTIC FOODS - Brands - Chef Paul Prudhomme Magic Seasoning Blends

xxxxx

Verdict: Yummy! I omited the mixed spice as I wasn't sure I'd like it. Next time I'd use slightly less black pepper - 2 tsp is really quite a lot but it was still really yummy and I'll definitely be making it again!

Oh, and I didn't bother boiling the chicken first - just sliced up raw chicken and coated it in the bovril mix then rolled it in breadcrumbs.

Attachments

• IMG_5844.JPG
    IMG_5844.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 2,993
mmmm i so cant wait to try this out

I finally got round to making this last night, it was fiddly but very nice, we had some leftovers so we ate them cold & I must admit I think I preferred it cold rather than hot! Dead nice though

Think I will be doing this tonight, after the brilliant reviews. :drool: I will have it for my lunch tomorrow x

Wow!!! :drool: This was scrumptious!!!

Attachments

• DSCF2526.jpg
    DSCF2526.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 3,907
oh cant wait to try this, not on the SW diet, but I looooooooooooooove KFC lol.

Wow!!! :drool: This was scrumptious!!!

Oh my word yours looks yummy!! I did mine tonight and it looked nothing like that but I know why, I used turkey pieces instead of chicken and I couldn't find the chicken jar of bovril in Asda, they never seem to have a lot of things, so I used the beef. My hubby did walk in the kitchen and say it smelt like KFC.
Will definately do this one again as the whole family enjoyed it!!
:family2: Janet x

Back