KFC Chicken done the SW way

Oh my word yours looks yummy!! I did mine tonight and it looked nothing like that but I know why, I used turkey pieces instead of chicken and I couldn't find the chicken jar of bovril in Asda, they never seem to have a lot of things, so I used the beef. My hubby did walk in the kitchen and say it smelt like KFC.
Will definately do this one again as the whole family enjoyed it!!
:family2: Janet x

Did it taste ok with the beef bovril? My local Asda doesnt have the chicken one either and I wanted to try this at the weekend!

Did it taste ok with the beef bovril? My local Asda doesnt have the chicken one either and I wanted to try this at the weekend!
It wasn't bad, well my kids gobbled it up!! I can imagine it tasting miles better with the chicken bovril though, I also added half a teaspoon of chinese 5 spices. Well worth a try definately, good luck sweetcheeks:)
Janet x

Mmmmm.... with s/w chips?

Any ideas what we can use instead of chicken bovril. Any suggestions appreciated as I have been round looking for it without any luck. Thanks x x x

how much salt is there in a whole jar of Bovril? OH is supposed to be eating a low salt diet ...

i had this tonight and it was delicious, it really did taste like kfc chicken. Have added this to my ever growing SW recipe book! i had it with SW chips and baked beans.
Oh it felt weird boiling the chicken in the pan but it worked the recipe is soooo easy to follow xxx

I had this for tea last night. I only used 1tsp of mixed spice, and also put some chargrilled chicken seasoning in. Thought it was so much easier skinning the chicken once poached - it's usually a nightmare to do it when raw!

I used Paxo golden breadcrumbs - used 56g (10 syns) to cover 5 drumsticks and 5 thighs (so works out 1 syn each)

Was really scrummy, loved the flavour of the chicken bovril. Going to have leftovers for lunch today.
:D

Yes, this sound soooooo good :D Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

It will be on the menu plan for next week :D

We had this tonight with straw chips and corn on the cob.

It was really tasty :D I used black and white pepper combined (instead of just black), otherwise kept the spicing as recommended.

Thanks very much for the recipe.

I'm definitely trying this! I live across the road from a KFC and it is so hard to resist when you can smell it everytime you open the door. So this is a huge life saver (or syn saver ;)) for me!

Thanks guys :0clapper:

I do this in a slightly different way... i mix the egg in a bowl.. then use a pastry brush to put the bovril on the chicken.. then roll in egg.. then roll in dry (bread and spices) .. then cook.. never pre-boiled mine.. like it when the chicken juices soak into the coating as it cooks .. i LOVE this as struggled to resist KFC b4 :) it may be messy and fiddely but it is sooooooo worth it.. I did find however that i prefered them cold the next day as they seem to mature :)
I was told 1/2 syn per drumstick :)

Back