kfc recipe

Its a sticky thread at the top of the recipe page

Mmmmmm just had this for lunch nom nom still loads left so have some later with SW chips :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

After seeing your plea i had to find it too.. i typed into the search box at the top to search this site and here we go

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/134193-kfc-chicken-done-sw-way.html

Wahayyyy xxSyn Free KFC

10 x Chicken Drummers or 4 Chicken Breasts
1 x Tub Chicken Bovril Paste
1 x Egg
1 x Clove of Garlic crushed (optional if you dont like garlic)
2 x Teaspoons of Ground Black Pepper (optional)
2 x Teaspoons of Mixed Spice (optional)
1 x Teaspoon of mild chilli powder (optional)
4 x Slices brown bread
2 x Teaspoons mixed herbes

Method
Place chicken drummers/chicken breasts in a deep pan fill with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins. Drain and leave to cool. When cool remove the skin and pat dry. Cut chicken breasts into strips.

Place the bread and mixed herbes into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish. Scoop out all the bovril paste into a small bowl. Mix in the egg, crushed garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste.

Now for the fun bit, but before you start switch on the oven to its highest setting and have a baking tray sprayed with fry light on stand by. Using a spoon carefully dribble the paste all over a chicken drummer/strip then roll it in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the baking tray. Repeat until all the drummers/strips are covered.

Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs have started to go brown and crisp. Remove and leave to cool. Once cool transfer to a serving plate.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Thanks fatandflummpy but I couldn't make it after all as I didn't have chicken bovril :(
Will have to make it tommorow.
Do u have a picture of yours as I'm curious to see what it looks like :)

I didn't have any bovril when I went to make it yesyerday so just used 2 chicken stock cubes mixed into an egg. This worked fine :D

Managed to make this finally,but had a stomach bug straight after,so it's put me off it for a while,even now I couldn't stand the thought of eating it again !!!! :(

Oh no I hate when that happens! Luckily for me I'm rarely sick & don't get stomach bugs either cos I have a bit of a phobia about sick

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

This is a bad one this time , I've had it for 5 days now and it's mainly really really bad stomach cramps which then goes into your back and you feel like u need the loo all the time, but u don't need to and you don't know if you need to burp or be sick !
My brother-in-law is a pharmesist and says it's doing the rounds!!!

Back