Kick / Mojo needed

justjudith

*waves hello*
Hi all

Wondered if anyone is out there who can give me a good nudge.

Been eating junk and feeling like junk. And put on 2.5lb last week.

I know part of the difficulty is living on my own and I can't be mithered to cook for myself but ...... I could have got jacket spud instead of paninini and chips the other day from the cafe :)

All support greatly welcomed.

At least not having family I have no excuses to stray off the path over Christmas

Judith

It is so much quieter on these boards than it used to be can't believe no one has answered .

Sounds like you need some support rather than a kick . Try and take things one day at a time . Think of meals that are easy to make or if you have a freezer do some batch cooking . I make chillies/curries etc and freeze them in single portions . I find if I do it regularly I soon end up with a stock of things in the freezer then each weekend just top up with 2 different new big dishes and you are then eating different things but all healthy .

If cooking isn't your thing think of quick and easy meals pasta n sauce with loads of veggies or low fat supernoodles with a bag of stir fry veg ( tastes like veggie chow mein to me )

Another idea is to find a diet buddy on here who you can check in with daily

Good luck

Hi Judith

As nanny says you could batch cook if your freezer is big enough then all you have to do is defrost stuff and bung in the oven or microwave. You could make :

SW quiche simple to make and you would get at least 4 meals out if it if cooked in a big tray and cut up
Chillies
Curries
Spag Bol
All of these you could have poured over a jacket spud if you couldnt be bothered to do pasta or rice.

I always keep at least half a dozen boiled eggs in the fridge for snacking on when peckish.

You could make scanbran cake
Rice pudding
Homemade burgers to have with SW chips
lasagne
cottage pie
soups
corned beef hash

Just a few ideas to get u going hun - good luck.

Have a look around peoples diaries for ideas/suggestions. There are a few different recipe threads too x

Yep can't beat abit of batch cooking, last night I made 5 portions of chilli and 6 portions of curried carrot soup :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back