Kick up the bum required

HappyNoodles

Gold Member
Ive thought about writing this for ages but though oh what good could it do etc.
Maybe it wont do any good and I'll still be stuck in this awful cycle with currently NO motivation yet almost every waking thought is about weight loss, diets, all the clothes that don't fit in my wardrobe etc.

I've been around here since 2007 when I was just 20 and with all guns blazing I did Lipotrim and lost over 8 stone, making me a very happy size 10/12. Well it's five years later, ALL the weight is back on through initially a party lifestyle, then settling down and then pregnancy for which I was an amazing little two year old

I've since tried vlcds, no joke, a hundred times!! I know that they work I just don't know if they work for me anymore.

I'm really not sure what to do right now, I have a heap of unused shakes in the press that I'd like to think I can start tomorrow and get back some of my old determination. I'm just not sure I believe in myself at all anymore.

I'm about 19st 10lbs and SO ashamed and FED UP!!

I really need a little support or a giant kick up the @rse

Consider this your kick up the @rse!!! :)

Well done for posting, acknowledging your feelings is a brilliant start. You already have the resources you need to restart (shakes etc), you just need to go for it!

You may not believe in yourself yet, but I believe in you. And once you get going, you will find your motivation returning.

Why not break down your target into mini goals that don't seem so scary? Something like half a stone at a time or however you'd like to do it. Even make yourself a reward chart with a star for each lb lost and a (non-food) treat for each mini goal.

Hope you're getting on okay - you can do this!

Hi Happy Noodles, my story is very similar, started at a size 22/24 did Lipotrim and lost 7 stone and went to a 12/14 and I am now back to a size 20, I also have plenty of shakes left but motivation is zero. Perhaps we can start it together and take on board just aiming for small goals. Let me know if you fancy a diet buddy.

Last edited:
The positive thing is you have done it once before so you know you can do it. Think of all the others who have never reached their goal in the way you have.

Use your experience and learn from it and just go for it!

Thanks so much for all the replies!!
I'm so pleased to announce I'm FINALLY back in the zone!!

I had a really tough couple of weeks, I think the break up I spoke about in my first post started to hit me so bad. BUT it has finally given me HUGE motivation!! I'm on day 3 and feeling really really confident.
So much so I'm going to book a winter sun holiday for me and my daughter :) I'm going to do this!!!

Scamp I'd love to buddy up!! Have you gotten back on track yet, even after a few days you feel great!

I really appreciate you all taking the time to respond with such motivating messages!!x

Hey guys. I lost 4 stone this year then have fallen off it for the past few weeks and put 8lb back on. I started at 19stone 9.8 at 16st 3.4 today and getting back on it with a vlcd, first time I have done one. Got a headache right now but not sure if that is lack of food or just a headache. I will be eating about 1200 cals today but aiming for 100 noramly including meal replacements. Would love to join you guys if that's ok x

Hi Noodles, frantic family week last week and was away from home until yesterday, but today is day 1 and Im hoping for a quiter week this week family wise. Good idea about booking a winter holiday it will give you something positive to look forward to, we go away 7th October to Turkey so thats my first goal too. x

Hi Camplestar, well done on the weight loss so far the headache does pass, the more the merrier for us all to help each other get to our goals (nice and slim for Crimbo would be good haha). x

Hi HappyNoodles, how are you doing, WELL I started low carbing on Tuesday (being on a mission) and decided I would have two of my left over shakes a day and one low carb evening meal BUT when I found my shakes (of which I had 189 packets left) I was gutted. For one they were well out of date but I thought I would still give them a go but for two they smelt and tasted moldy, so have now decided to go to plan be, just low carbing.

Im now on day 5 but have made loads of mistakes on the way (not on purpose but when I have looked things up online re carb intake I didnt realise how many carbs were around). Hope you are doing well and still motivated, Im motivated but not very educated yet, but I will be. Hope to speak to you soon.

Back