Kiddies birthday party

Am having a birthday party for my baby over the weekend- I really want to stay strong- and avoid snacking.
I was thinking of eating really strong mints during party - so that it would ruin the taste of anything that might happen to ahem fall into my mouth!!;)
I would be greatful for any tips or any no/low syn goodies I could have on reserve.....
Thanks a mill...:D

Instead of doing that, why not make lots of things you can eat?
A big salad, some boiled eggs, lovely sliced ham, fresh fruit, crudites and home made hummous or dips made with FF fromage frais or natural yoghurt?

Don't think you can have things at a party, make it easy for yourself and enjoy it :)

Instead of doing that, why not make lots of things you can eat?
A big salad, some boiled eggs, lovely sliced ham, fresh fruit, crudites and home made hummous or dips made with FF fromage frais or natural yoghurt?

Don't think you can have things at a party, make it easy for yourself and enjoy it :)

It's a kiddies party remember - dont think I'd be happy if i was a little 'un and got carrot sticks and hummous at my party!

Syn free KFC might be more to their taste, you could try some low syn sausages on sticks or HEA cheese and pineapple (you can tell I grew up in the 70s/80s!). I think just try and make a few more healthy options for you to pick at, but I dont think you can completely leave out the sausage rolls and pizza slices for the kids (maybe try the Smash pizza - I wasnt a fan but plenty of people seem to like it). Will they eat onion bhajis - there's some low syn recipes for that.

Of course the classic kids party treat is jelly and ice-cream - you can make up the hartleys sugar free jelly for that, and maybe stick a muller light vanilla in the freezer for yourself too.

Why don't you make some things which are 'adult' food & some which are 'kiddies' food.

You could tell yourself you can't eat xyz because it's not your food.

That said I'm sure there must be lots of SW friendly food which would suit the kiddies.

Have a lovely time.;)

It's a kiddies party remember - dont think I'd be happy if i was a little 'un and got carrot sticks and hummous at my party!

I wasn't actually referring to food for the children. OP asked for low syn/syn free foods to have on reserve so I thought she was referring to food for herself :(

Funnily enough though, a lot of kids these days go mad for carrot sticks - I have to fight the kids for them at our family parties!!

Agree with Jaylou - my grandson & grandaughter head straight for the raw carrot sticks, sliced raw peppers & boiled eggs when we have a 'party-food' spread. Then they go for the sausages & cheese & pineapple on sticks. They also love my SW mini quiches.

Thank you all so much for the replys ladies- think I will do pitta bread pizza and maybe the sw KFC. I will make sf jelly and sw frerror roche for my sweet treat. I am keeping it very small- cousins only- the kids haven't cottoned on to inviting friends yet....:D. So I'm happy enough to let them discover that themselves- hopefully at their 18th or 21 st!! ;)lol
I will mind my syns for tomorrow night - to wet his head!! :cool:
Thanks again x

Back