Kidney Pain... HELP?!

X Kelly X

Silver Member
Hi Guys
I have been experiencing a lot of pain and aching in my right side back where my kidney is- does anyone have any kind of idea what it could be? Im freaking out!
Ive got an appointment at 11.30 at the doctors but has anyone else experienced this before??

Thanks

It its below your waist & your are not well (temp or feeling yuck) its prob a kidney infection. they will give you antibiotics & you have to drink LOTS (about 2 litres plus every day).
or it could just been a water infection in which case get some sugar free cranberry juice or sugar free lemon barley and again drink loads

Either way, your body is trying to tell you something - DRINK!!!!
Glad you got Dr app - hope you feel better soon hun x

Thank you for your reply. I have just got back to work from the doctors and he said it sounds like a UTI and im on a 5day course of anti-biotics, if its not better by the end of the tablets i have to go back and have some tests done. LOTS of water for me then!!! lol

Drink lots & lots and make sure you keep your back warm so doesn't develop into kidney infection.
Get well soon though :7834:

as everyone has said, DRINK LOTS! When you think you've drank enough... drink some more. you need to flush the infection through as fast as possible :D

I feel your pain. I'm on antibiotics this week for a UTI infection. I've been drinking about 4 litres of fluids a day and taking ibuprofen and it's been helping lots- started feeling better after 2 days.

Hope you feel better soon.

Agreed with all above kidney infection, I suffer with so many and now refuse anti biotics( need them if I ever get anything serious) as soon as my kidneys twinge, i flush them tons of water, lots of cranberry juice and they go as qiuickly without the anti biotics. Dr advised this when i ended in hospital. Good luck

Thank you for all your replies. I hope drinking all this water will help this uti and lose weight too lol. Am going to pop to shop before work and pick up 2ltrs water and a carton of no sugar cranberry juice. I'm prepared for having to wee every hour! Haha. X

Just thought id check in and see how your feeling. Has the pain gone now. x

Aww bless you Hun thank you. Still feel the same unfortunately which makes me' think it's not a uti so back to doctors in week after I've finished the antibiotics tomorrow. Drinking so much too which is good as I'm running up the stairs frequently lol body magic! :)

If Antibiotics working then you should have felt better within a couple of days. Def go back to doctors. In meantime enjoy you body magic lol :bliss:

Back