Kids...

fatty_bumbum

Loves to be happy
Hi all i was just wondering if many people doing LT have children/ toddlers as im am finding it extremely difficult to keep up with my little boy.

Also i would just like to add: we go to such lenghts to make sure that our children are healthy and getting all vitamins and minerals the need from food. why dont we do the same for ourselfs or maybe thats just meeee:D:D

I think with me it was a question of portion control (thinking I can eat the same as two tall and skinny boys and a tall and skinny husband who are all very active and impossible to fill some days!) You'll soon be keeping up with your little boy - you'll have tons more energy soon!

i was thinking about this. I take so much care over what my daughter eats but i dont do the same for myself.
i let her have occasional sweets or choc as treats but as a general rule she doesnt have them.

i would never give her the kinds of food i have eaten. its my connection with food that's different though- completely emotional- it all means things to me- comfort etc. whereas she eats as much as she wants and stops. i'm glad she is like that but just need to work on myself now!

i was thinking if i ate the things she does i'd be a lot more healthy!

Im glad you think that too because since ive been on lipotrim preparing his food is yummy looking and i was thinkin if i treated what i put in my own body with the same amount of skeptisism as i do his plus the multivitamins I wouldnt have this problem. BUT its a big eye opener. As for the energy part i know from last time it will pick up soon so im gonna stop moaning about it cause this is my choice and im gonna commit to stick with this thro thick and thin. I Hope you both are having a good day lots +lots of luck. thank you for reading.
NatxXx

Hi Hun,
I have 2 boys ages 7 and 8, one of which suffers with ADHD. I am only in my first week and am being very grumpy with them. Ooops!
I also work in Year 6 in a primary school as a teaching assistant, my brain this week has been total mush! Plus they saw me drinking my 'pink drink' at lunch today, so I just said it was Slimfast and they just went 'oh' ha ha! But with regards to my boys I have to watch what my eldest eats due to his behaviour and during my very painful trip around the supermarket after work I found it easy to just concentrate on their food, rather than mine. I hasten to add that I avoided the wine aisle like the plague but found myself longingly looking at cauliflower cheese ha ha ? ? ? ? Whats that all about???? Not sweet things for once! hee hee. Good luck with it all Hun. xxx

Oh so sorry, i have jsut realised that I have posted in the 100% bit (which I love by the way!) and I have mentioned contraband!!!! So sorry everyone. X (told you I have mushy brains, pleeeaaassseeee God, give me ketosis soon ha ha_)

Hi Claire,
I have a very lively three year old girl who keeps me busy! Like everyone else has said, I'm fanatical about what she eats, but I think its a case of "don't do what I do, do as I tell you" (my mum's favourite saying :))
If I had spent as much time worrying about what I ate, I wouldn't be here now. But I'm determined this is going to be the start of a life change for me! Funnily enough, I don't even think about food much now, but when I do, all I want are healthy things :D
You should soon be in ketosis, then its fantastic. I have so much energy, and my mind seems much clearer and alert.
Lots of luck!

hey girls well i have a 6 year girl, a 5 year boy and a 6 month baby boy too, the first week i found hard energy wise but not ill or anything, now just started week 3 and feel great, lots of energy, in factmore then when i was pigging out.............i do get headaches regular but water seems to ease them, i do find myself getting stressed with the kids easier then normal, i think just due to wanting to eat but knowing i canrt and dont need to........luckily my baby sleep through the night

i do find it hard when cooking my kids my fave foods, it horrible, but i give it them and sit in the living room while they eat then tell them to empty thier leftovers into the bin then the plates in the sink, that way i wont feel the need to pick at them

I had to cook for my boy for the first time yesterday and i feel rotten ever since, it was his yummy food and mine even tho it was healthy and i literally stood the stirring while the tears fell from my eyes. I just couldnt help it which was horrible.
I have my weigh-in tommoro so i am dying for that as i really need a boost.
As for you girls cooking all week :wow:
I hope you are all coping good with the children and the diet. if you feel down remember how amazing you are for being determined and motivated to do this and balance a hectic life xxxx
Nat xXx

Hi

Im currently on day 3 and so far have been 100%. I am counting down the days till my first weigh in. I have a 3 and 7 year old and a husband who loves home cooked food. I am proud that I made a sunday dinner yesterday and not a piece of it passed my lips! I know this journey wont be easy but hopefully i will start to see the results soon.x

Hi all,
Its been lovely reading about your children!
I have three children Sophie 10 (going on 16!), Jamie 9 and Christopher 6. I found the first two weeks quite hard making their tea, I bought quick convenience meals so I would'nt have to spend too long in the kitchen.
I do miss sitting at the table with them as that's when we get to sit and chat about the day, but would not feel happy sat watching them eat!
I have been 100% and am so proud of that. I have now started cooking them healthier meals and they know that when they are done they scrape the leftovers into the bin. Thats usaully when I would think, oooh better eat that leftover - what a waste. Much easier to remove the temptation, straight into the bin.
This is the last year for my daughter at primary school. She's off to the Girls School where I went in Sept!! Can't believe how fast time has flown. I've been out today and spent a small fortune on her uniform - crazy!!!
Good luck with your losses.
Emma x

Ive two boys
Lewis almost 3 and Aaron almost 6

they run about at 100 miles an hour all of the time they have so much energy, im doing this for them as well as me so im not the fat mom standing at the classroom door.. also so i can keep up with them more.

i cook their meals most days, and yea id love to eat what i make then ... especially when we do home made pizza, and i smell it cooking...

only 6 more weeks left and i shall eat again..

im intending to eat with them and have the same size portions i give them too..

to make sure im not over eating .
try to not snack inbetween meals and keep off pop and alcohol....(as long as i can anyways)

I have 2 boys who are 17 & 7, my youngest boy is autistic so I have to be really careful with his diet. I would never let him eat the rubbish that I was eating ( in the evening when he's in bed).
I have cooked all their meals while on LT and have stuck to it 100%.
It makes me feel good that I can cook for them & be strong enough to resist temptation.
When I do feel tempted I am craving fruit & not missing crisps at all, which was always my downfall. x

Back