Kim's Food Diary

MidwifeKim

:pWell i am 1 week today and it's WI tonight, but i thought i would start a food diary so i can name and shame myself when i fall off the wagon!

Today:
Green (i keep thinking about trying EE or M2M but i just don't get it!!!! :sigh::confused:)

B: Oats so Simple HEb
Teaspoon of Low Sugar Jam (1syn?!)
Milk - SS, HEa

Snack: mullerlight yogurt & strawberries

L: Salad with small amount of chicken (3 syns)
Extra Light Mayo small amount (1syn?!)
ML Yogurt & Kiwi fruit after

Dinner: Pasta with tomatoes and sweetcorn
ML Yogurt

Snack: 4 Mikado sticks (2syns)

I am hoping for a weight loss tonight, i have tried so hard this week just one possible problem on Saturday with a meal out, but i chose wisely and had jacket potato rather than chips with chicken and corn on the cob, i shared a starter with my bf and said no to dessert! So hopefully it won't make too much of a difference! *fingers crossed*

Last edited:
Well i lost 2lbs last week - YAY!!
I am determined to try do the same this week!
I did 35mins on the wii fit last night and walked our puppy for 30mins too.

Green Day
Tuesday:
B: Banana, Rasberries with Fat Free Yogurt
Oats so Simple HEb with SS Milk HEa topped with a teaspoon of low sugar jam (1Syn -i think!)

Snack: Raspberries and Strawberries

L: Chicken (3Syns)Salad, 2 hard boiled eggs
Extra Light Mayo (1 syn)
ML Yogurt

D - A bad one! Ended up having chinese with a friend - i did try to eat lots of rice to fill me up but i did allow myself to eat some sweet and sour chicken which is probably awful!! Oh well...have to move on!

Syns today: TOO MANY!

Last edited:
Hey Kim
just wanted to pop by and say hi, and a huge congrats on your 2lb loss thats fantastic.
I noticed our starting a midwifery course in september, so am I. Seems like its coming around so quickly, are you excited to be starting?x

Hi Little Red,
I know it is suddenly coming around quickly - i can't quite believe it, i applied not thinking i would get a place and suddenly, i've had to give me notice at work and am heading back to being a student. I am very excited yes but a little aprehensive about the money and how i'll cope with so little of it! haha.
Is your course a 3year degree?

Thank you for the congrats...a LONG way to go, but i really don't want to be an overweight midwife!

Wednesday:
(updating this looking back as i was at a work event last night)

B: Oats so Simple (HEb) Milk (HEa) teaspoon of low sugar jam (1Syn)

Snack: Kiwi, Orange and Mullerlight yogurt

L: Jacket potato, spaghetti (tinned) and some chicken (HEb)

Dinner: Another bad one - work event, we went on a boat trip down the thames, and had fish and chips, i opted for Sausage and chips, and sadly, thought i would leave most the chips but i was so hungry by the time we ate, i ate it all! oops!

Syns today: TOO MANY AGAIN!!
Got to get back on it today to counteract my 2 bad dinners this week!

Thursday:
Green
B: Oats so Simple (HEb) Milk (HEa) Teaspoon of low sugar jam (1syn)

Snack: Mullerlight Yogurt, Orange and a Kiwi fruit

L: Super Noodles (Low Fat) chicken (free i think - need to check?!) and a tomato and herb mugshot!
Mullerlight Yogurt

D: Jacket Potato with baked beans and some lean bacon (HEb). with a small amount of ketchup (1syn)
Pudding - banana dessert in SW magazine, banana chopped, mullerlight banana custard yogurt, topped with a pot of low-fat custard, topped with a tablespoon of natural fat-free fromage frais. Was meant to have some chocolate buttons on it too - but i didn't have any so i put 2 mikado sticks in it! Was YUM! (Syns 7)

syns today: 9

Last edited:
Friday - TGIF! Another Green Day for me!

B: 2 Weetabix (HEb) Milk (HEa) with a banana

Snack: Mullerlight Yogurt with an orange

Lunch: Super Noodles with a mullerlight and banana afterwards

Dinner: ww Mediterrainian Vegetable Pasta (6 syns)

Rest of my syns - Vodka lol, out for a work night out so going to try and stick to Vodka and diet coke for the evening.

Well i wasn't around for the Bank Hol weekend, so didn't get on here. I was fairly good, bar the alcohol consumption...so i am pretty much writing last week off as a pretty bad week!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

WI was yesterday - i stayed the same, but equally can't tell if it's truthful or not as it the "wrong time of the month" and my weight fluctuates badly during that time...so back on it and hoping for a decent loss next week!

Tuesday (green)
B: B: Oats so Simple (HEb) Milk (HEa) Teaspoon of low sugar jam (1syn)

Snack: Raspberries, banana and Mullerlight Yogurt

Lunch: Jacket potato with left over mince (HEb and 2syns i reckon!)
Yogurt (Mullerlight)

Dinner: Pasta with tomato sauce 1/2 jar (14 syns a jar i now find out!!!) and sweetcorn.
Pudding: Ricepudding (slimming world) (4syns?! not sure need to check!)

Syns for the day: 14syns thanks to my expensive "lazy" option dinner!!

Last edited:
Wednesday: Green

Breakfast:Oats so Simple (HEb) Milk (HEa) Teaspoon of low sugar jam (1syn), Mullerlight Yogurt

Snack: Orange

Lunch: Jacket Potato with Baked Beans and a triangle of extra light laughing cow (HEa?) Mullerlight Yogurt

Dinner: Evening out with work - well i lost the plot really - we ended up at zizi's and i had a plain cheese and tomato pizza - not great! Moving on though.

Syns: tooooo many! :(

Last edited:
Thursday - Green
Breakfast:Oats so Simple (HEb) Milk (HEa) Teaspoon of low sugar jam (1syn), WW Yogurt

Snack: Fruit - apple or kiwi and a mullerlight yogurt

Lunch: Super Noodles and a mug shot.

Snack: A Cadburys Fudge (6syns) - worth it IMO! really solved my "sweet" craving!

Dinner: Pasta with a tomatoes and some veg i think, or maybe SW chips and omlette....need to decide lol.

Syns Today: 6 so far

I'm thinking about trying mix2max tomorrow as i haven't had a red day in almost 3 weeks...sort of missing meat but can never manage a whole day on red...have to read my book tonight and get my head around it properly!

Last edited:
Well i fell off the wagon over the weekend and this continued into today as i've just eaten a chicken and salad baguette from the shop around the corner as i couldn't work out what i wanted for lunch this morning.

Tonight i am going to do a weekly plan as i REALLY need to introduce some red days as i am feeling so bloated i feel about 9months pregnant! Not good! So thats the plan, back on the waggon tomorrow and going to try and minimise the damage of my baguette by walking the dog and doing some wii fit tonight.

WI tonight so i'm expecting a gain!

OK Back on the waggon from today! Somehow and i am not sure how - i lost 1lb last week - i think catch up from the previous week where i stayed the same but was the wrong time of the month..must be good this week to keep last weeks disaster from catching up on me!

Tuesday (Green - not planned enough to do red!)
Breakfast:Oats so Simple (HEb) Milk (HEa) Teaspoon of low sugar jam (1syn), WW Yogurt

Snack: Banana & Alpen Bar (rest of HEb? from Breakfast)

Lunch:Tinned Spaghetti on Toast (2 small slices wholemeal - HEb), Mullerlight Yogurt

Dinner: Small amount of mince (5syns?) with a big bowl of rice

Syns: 5 allocated so far!

Well my jump on the waggon was short lived - i caved into cake and then a pub lunch yesterday :S

So being good today and avoiding the new cakes in the kitchen at work because it's someone else's birthday today!

So... Red day today (my first - lets see how this goes!)

B: 2 weetabix (HEb) with Banana and SS milk (HEa) Mullerlight Yogurt

Snack: Mullerlight Yogurt with an apple

Lunch: Bacon salad (lettuce, cucumber, red onion and tomatoes) Another mullerlight (can you eat too many of these? i live off them!)
Alpen Light Bar 3 syns

Dinner: Lean Pork Chops, Small jacket potato (HEb), 'fried' egg, mushrooms, peppers and onions (fried in frylight), tinned tomatoes

Pudding: Quark with white choc options mixed in with some frozen ( i will defrost lol) cherries.

Treat: Small Milky Bar 13g - 3.5 Syns

Last edited:
Hmm well, my week last week was NOT good, and neither was the weekend.....last week was just one of those weeks where i couldn't do it!

I have a struggle this week (well the start of - as i have no fresh food and i am out tonight and tomorrow night so no time to shop, but i am going to try!)

Having a hungry day today...i guess after all my over indulgence last week my body is expecting more than it should!

Today: Green

Breakfast:Oats so Simple x 2 (very hungry!) (HEb + 5 syns) Milk (HEa) Teaspoon of low sugar jam (1syn)

Snack: Apple and Orange

Lunch: Super Low Fat Noodles (Roast Chicken) and a Mug Shot (tomato and herb) with a mullerlight yogurt.

Dinner: Not sure as i am going to London to see the Justin Lee Collins Show with some colleagues, so probably a not great dinner as it'll be a grab-and-go dinner, but i'll try to pick sensibly!.....hmmm McDonalds - need i say more?!!?!

Syns: WAY too many!

Last edited:
Tuesday (Green)
Breakfast:Oats so Simple x 2 (very hungry!) (HEb + 5 syns) Milk (HEa) Teaspoon of low sugar jam (1syn)

Snack: Fruit and Mullerlight Yogurt

Lunch: Tinned Spaghetti on 2 slices of Nimble Wholemeal (HEb), Mullerlight Yogurt and fruit

Dinner: 2 rashers of bacon (syns - need to check!) with jacket potato, baked beans and sweetcorn (all mixed in) was rather nice - had to be a quick dinner as i didn't get home til 7.30!

Syns: too many again -i caved in to a piece of cake for our charity fundraiser at work.....and really hated myself afterwards!!

Last edited:
Wednesday(Green)
Breakfast:Oats so Simple x 2 (find this keeps me fuller for longer!) (HEb + 5 syns) Milk (HEa) Teaspoon of low sugar jam (1syn)

Lunch: baked beans on 2 slices of Nimble Wholemeal (HEb), Mullerlight Yogurt and fruit

Dinner: 3 bgty sainsburys sausages (1.5syns i think), mashed potato (1syn for spread used), vegetables. Gravy (2syns)
Orange fruit ice lolly (2syns?!)

Snack: Mullerlight
Syns: 12.5

Last edited:
Thursday - Extra Easy
Trying my hand at an extra easy day today:

Breakfast:Oats so Simple x 2 (find this keeps me fuller for longer!) (HEb + 5 syns) Milk (HEa) Teaspoon of low sugar jam (1syn)

Lunch: Jacket Potato with Baked Beans, Mullerlight Yogurt and 2 satsumas

Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese and a medium-ish sized piece of garlic bread (8syns i guess)

Snack: 6 Mikado Biscuits (3syns)

Syns: 17!!! (at least!) oops!

Last edited:
Friday
Day - going to try another EE day today. Found yesterday ok apart from the garlic bread that jumped from the plate and into my mouth before i could even register i'd done it - i was too busy chatting with my best friends.

Breakfast:2 Weetabix (heB) with banana and milk (heA) and a Shape yogurt

Lunch: Jacket Potato with Baked Beans, Mullerlight Yogurt and 2 satsumas

Dinner: Gammon Steak with SW chips and salad

Syns:

Well i decided to have a sort of weekend off as i had 4 days off - i tried to stick to the EE plan - but didn't really write anything down. My biggest downfall - the chocolate cheesecake i had last night for pudding :eek:

I did do a fair bit of walking and also - spent Monday decorating the living room - painting the ceiling which actually had me out of breath (made me realise how unfit i am!!) so hoping i can balance the cheesecake with the exercise (wishful thinking!)

So back on plan today:
Going Green today :D

Snack: Mullerlight Yogurt

Lunch: Didn't go to plan - ended up at the pub - BLT sandwich with a handful of chips (syns - way too many!)

Dinner: pasta with tomatoes, peppers and sweetcorn. With a Sainsbury BGTY Sausage added (HEb?!)

Snack: 4 Mikado Sticks (2syns)

Syns: WAY OVER! (not doing so well at this diet!)

Last edited:
Thursday:
Going Green today :D

Breakfast: 2x Weetabix (HeB) with milk (HeA), Shape LF Yogurt

Snack: Mullerlight Yogurt

Lunch: got a lunchtime meeting, so probably a couple of sandwiches, unless i find time to eat my jacket potato with beans before.

Dinner: pasta with tomatoes, peppers and sweetcorn. With a Sainsbury BGTY Sausage added (HEb)

Snack:

Syns: 0 planned!

Back