Kinda ... Fed up...

PrincessSmiles

I was an angel this week and found it REALLY HARD going and today I found I'd only lost one measly pound SS!! I don't understand it as I've been drinking LOADS of water. Okay so I haven't been checking I'm in ketosis a lot cos I couldn't see how I couldn't be... I checked once mid-week and it was pink.

This coming week is AAM week for me, so I'm scared I won't lose again and then I might lose ALL my motivation completely.

Please buck me up guys.

:needhug:

It will only be water retention. There is no way you will not lose fat if you are sticking to the plan.
Just keep doing the same as before with you're aamw, dont cut down on water. It will show a good loss next week.

Keep your chin up, hang in there.

Hi PS :D

Just wanted to echo what Hedgemag and Dancing have said. :)

It's very likely to be water retention hun. I know it can feel really disappointing but just try and keep the bigger picture in mind here and you will keep your motivation.

Enjoy your AAMW and trust that your body will level all this out as it will.

Keep the faith girl!!!! :D

Lacey...xx :)

Don't panic - you've hit a plateau!

I suffered the same, and didn't lose for a couple of weeks at about BMI 27-8 I think. Keep going with SS, keep getting the water down. Realistically if you're sticking to SS you'll be burning fat.

The way I rationalised it was that, I'd lost a lot, and my body was retaining water as a panic mechanism.

Don't worry, you'll be fab! Just don't treat it as an excuse to fall off the wagon, because it's so bloody hard getting back into the zone (I should know!!).

And forgot to say, AAM really kickstarted my weight loss again when I'd hit my plateau. I lost 5lbs that week i think.

Hope that helps.

Thanks guys,

I really appeciate it. You're right of course - *hits the water* Thanks for your words on AAM - I'll be optimistic. And Pony pony - thanks so much for your words of wisdom. I must remember that - when you put it that way it doesn't seem so bad!

I've been here before (you'll find my moan somewhere) but it really is just your body holding on and giving it up. We're humans, not machines, and therefore we don't lose at the same rate every week. I have been SS for the WHOLE time and NEVER cheated - but look at how my weightloss has been week to week. It's hard when its YOU that has had the poor weightloss, but it really will swing back round!

Back