Kinda new to slimming world....

Slim.Emz87

So, my food diary, here gos.....

I done slimming world at the end of 2008 and lost 2st 7Ib and I have been trying WW for a while now to get a bit more off. Without much success I thought I would give SW a go again! It was so much easier for me before.

However, extra easy only got introduced as I was getting away from Slimming World so never really followed it.

Can someone explain how it works?

For example, could I have the following on an extra easy day?

B = 1 x wholemeal toast (1/2hexb) with marmite
S = fruit & mullerlight
L = pasta with 28g philidelphia light (1/2 hexb) and salad
S = fruit
T = Spag bowl made with extra lean mince, filled with onion, mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes

I think I am a little uncertain about the last meal of the day

Advice will be appreciated.x

Last edited:
Just thought, do I need to add something superfree around breakfast time, like some fruit?

First day gone wrong already... :-(

Thinking of doing an extra easy day today and for breakfast I had 1 slice of toast and a poached egg! I then realised my bread wasn't wholemeal and as an extra easy day, was one egg enough for the third superfree food on my plate??

Lunch I plan to have lots of salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, peppers, onion and beetroot), jacket potatoe and beans

Tea I plan to have spag bowl with extra lean mince, peppers, mushrooms, onions, passatta. Would this be right as an extra easy dish?

Hmm, confused.com! Oh well, I am starting properly on Monday and am planning to try and be good this weekend, getting my head used to slimming world again

x:confused:x

Sounds like you may be over analysing some of it! Slimming world advises you have a third of your plate filled with superfree foods and two thirds of free foods. This doesn't have to be exact. 2 slices of wholemeal toast with a poached egg and a banana is fine. If you miss the banana, its fine. If you eat it an hour later, thats fine too. Oh, and eggs are not superfree, they are free.

Just roughly split your food that way and have your syns as required. And make sure you eat enough...aim for 1500 to 2000 calories.

The bolognase is fine, just watch for hidden fats - a lot of people use oils while cooking, which would make it no longer free. Try adding a beef oxocube and a tablespoon or two of worshteshire (spelling?) sauce to add some new flavour.

It almost seems to easy really.
Thanks for the advice and I didn't realise eggs were not superfree. Have they changed things a bit cos in one of my old books they were superfree.
Thanks again. It will be interesting to see how I get on x

Eggs are superfree - that means they are free on any plan. They are not superspeed lol. Just to confuse you a bit more. EE is not a plan I follow a lot just because I am an old timer as you would say hehe but seems to me easy enough. Have 1 HEA and 1 HEB and eat your free food and make sure you include superfree foods as well. Like fruit! Salad! xx

Monday 18/07 - Green
B - Fruit n Fibre (HEXB) with SS milk (HEXA)
S - Fruit
L - pasta with tomato puree, chili powder, and mushrooms and salad
S - yogurt and fruit
T - roast chicken (HEXB), new potatoes, veg, yorkshire and gravy

Need to find out syns for yorkshire and gravy, I then might have a small choccy bar!

Can someone tell me how much fruit & fibre I can have as HEXB? I have 28g with a scan bran in my book, but would rather go without the scan bran

Thanks x

Slim.Emz87 said:
Monday 18/07 - Green
B - Fruit n Fibre (HEXB) with SS milk (HEXA)
S - Fruit
L - pasta with tomato puree, chili powder, and mushrooms and salad
S - yogurt and fruit
T - roast chicken (HEXB), new potatoes, veg, yorkshire and gravy

Need to find out syns for yorkshire and gravy, I then might have a small choccy bar!

Can someone tell me how much fruit & fibre I can have as HEXB? I have 28g with a scan bran in my book, but would rather go without the scan bran

Thanks x

Hey hub. Gravy is around 3 syns if just granules and if I have a yorky I syn them at 3-4 each depending on size....

Fruit and fibre only states it with the scan bran in the book im afraid?

I usually am always on a green day. Purely as I'm not fussed about eating meat and I love pasta, pots etc and can have 2 hea and b!xx

**"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"**. week 1: 3.5lbs, week 2: 1lb, week 3:

ive been doing the extra easy for 5 weeks and so far have lost 11.5lbs. i find it the best as you can include everything. i have even bought an actifry machine so that i can have wedges that are free or chips if i fancy them. i have bought quite alot of the books so if you need any help just give me a shout x

I will be yummy - I tended to do green days when I done slimmingworld before because like you I am not fussed about meat and would get enough from HEB. Thanks for info bout gravy n Yorkshires.
Sarah - I like the idea of extra easy but am slightly confused about it. Where did you get your books from as I am looking to get some myself, as I think it will be helpful for healthy extras and syns.
Ta both of you x

Day 2 - Green

Tuesday 19/07/11 - Green

B - 2 wholemeal toast (HEB), poached egg and half tin of baked beans

L - pasta salad (mushrooms, onions and peppers) with philidelphia light (HEB) and maybe a salad to go with it

T - Jacket potatoe, 28g cheese (HEA), rest of the baked beans and salad. I might have more cheese depending on how much tea I drink today

Snacks will be fruit and mullerlight yogurt
Drinks - at least 1ltr of water, maybe a couple of cups of tea
Exercise - 1hr badminton and maybe some walking/jogging before badminton

Just noticed I don't have any syns in there so might include some margarine on my toast and jacket potatoe, or even have a lil choccy bar!

Yesterday went really well :), I had a nice roast dinner for tea and I wasn't hungry before going to bed. I only used about 6 syns although i didn't exercise. Generally quite pleased.

Question - can you save syns? Thinking that I would probably enjoy a couple of glasses of wine over the weekend if I have enough.

Happy slimming everyone x

Slim.Emz87 said:
Tuesday 19/07/11 - Green

B - 2 wholemeal toast (HEB), poached egg and half tin of baked beans

L - pasta salad (mushrooms, onions and peppers) with philidelphia light (HEB) and maybe a salad to go with it

T - Jacket potatoe, 28g cheese (HEA), rest of the baked beans and salad. I might have more cheese depending on how much tea I drink today

Snacks will be fruit and mullerlight yogurt
Drinks - at least 1ltr of water, maybe a couple of cups of tea
Exercise - 1hr badminton and maybe some walking/jogging before badminton

Just noticed I don't have any syns in there so might include some margarine on my toast and jacket potatoe, or even have a lil choccy bar!

Yesterday went really well :), I had a nice roast dinner for tea and I wasn't hungry before going to bed. I only used about 6 syns although i didn't exercise. Generally quite pleased.

Question - can you save syns? Thinking that I would probably enjoy a couple of glasses of wine over the weekend if I have enough.

Happy slimming everyone x

Morning! Well done for yday :D

Ok so re saving syns slimming world try to let u not do this but you can do flexible synning for an event or something and then get Bk to plan the next day.
I however would try and go syn free all day and just do it within my syns.

Last weekend I had 30 syns in one might (3 cans cider) and counted it within my syns...still lost that week two!
However this Saturday I am out on the town for my sisters birthday. So shall literally go to town lol. No syn counting that night as I won't be able to keep track!
But will just get back to plan the next day and carry on totalling my syns as if Saturday didn't happen (flexible synning) .... Hope that helps??xx

**"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"**. week 1: 3.5lbs, week 2: 1lb, week 3: 2lbs

Thanks for the syn advice, it gives me an idea of what I can do. I wouldn't do it all the time but I have my birthday coming up soon so it is useful to know. I know I would not be able to control myself then, lol!

So after my big breakfast this morning (big for me as I used to just have a slice of toast on WW) I have only just started to feel hungry. I have been busy at work which can help but still I normally snack on something and haven't needed to today! Yay :D

hi, i got mine from my slimming world class. i managed to get the 100 extra easy days book, the extra easy cookbook, and there are quite alot in the main book you get from slimming world

Day 3 - Wednesday - Green

So I have done really well for the last two days and here is todays menu :)

B - Fruit'n'fibre (HEB) with 200ml ss milk (HEA) (keeping 50ml for 2/3 cups of tea)
L - Pasta and salad with philly light (HEB)
T - S/W chips, peas and something to go with it (not decided yet but might go with stuffed peppers, ideas welcome)

Snacks - apple, strawberries and mullerlight

Exercise - Hopefully zumba but if not an hour walking/jogging

I am going to give extra easy a go tomorrow as I have not tried that yet.

Doing well so far x

I had sw chips, peas, 3 fish fingers and brown sauce for tea! Yummy! 7.5 syns for the three fish fingers and one for brown sauce.
Love doing slimming world and am already planning next few days :)

Day 4 -another green day

Another green day. I was planning to do an EE day but with what I have in the house, it makes more sense to do a green day.

B - Wholemeal toast (HEB) with marmite and some baked beans

L - Spicy tomato and mushroom and pasta with some veg

T - Baked potato with cheese (HEA), beans and salad

S - melon, grapes, strawberries and mullerlight

Exercise - walking/jogging for an hour since I didn't get to do it last night

I also need to find something to have as a second HEB

I am looking forward to pay day so I can actually get some food in the house and mix up my meals a bit.

x

Slight change to lunch...I had spicy tomato cous cous, with a pepper halved and stuffed with philly light, mushrooms, onion and garlic. Baked in the oven.....yum!

So the philly light was my second HEB:)

Back