Kindle or kobo?

Lol nettie you just saved my husband, i was going to buy the kindle today and he told me to wait for a few weeks as they might be a new one coming out and the prices of the older ones will come down so i told him if it didnt he would be in big trouble, i was going to give it till around christmas new years time so i guess i'm lucky as i wont be waiting for long and can also see how the new kindle is like even though i dont want to spend a lot x

the new one starts at £129 and the 3G is more, cant remember how much now but have a look on Amazon, it looks great. You can get apps on the new one x

I really hope they sell the new one somewhere like john lewis or argos so if anything goes wrong with it i can can take it straight back instead of all the hassle of collection with amazon. Need to pop into john lewis tomorrow anyway to collect an order so will ask them if they are going to stock it but i doubt it x
lol i cant believe i am getting excited over a e book x

To be honest if you have a problem it's probably easier dealing with amazon. They send out a replacement next day and send all the packaging you need to return the faulty one. It was miles easier for me when mine broke to just pop to the PO than gaff about going into town

Amazon are wonderful - my kindle broke, I received a new one the next day, they sent packaging for sending the other one back and a link to arrange courier collection at my convenience and at their expense. I had 30 days to return it.

I can honestly say it was the most hassle free thing ever.

I really hope they sell the new one somewhere like john lewis or argos so if anything goes wrong with it i can can take it straight back instead of all the hassle of collection with amazon. Need to pop into john lewis tomorrow anyway to collect an order so will ask them if they are going to stock it but i doubt it x
lol i cant believe i am getting excited over a e book x

I bought mine from Tesco and when it went wrong had to report it to and do all the necessary with Amazon directly. Kindles are Amazon products so if it goes wrong the other stores will not deal with it, you'll have to send it back to Amazon.

Mmm i might be getting it from amazon afterall, not very happy with the service of john lewis right now and dont really want to go back in there for some more bad customer service! Just waiting for the 25th to finally decide if i want the new one or one of the others even though i should really decide now but i'm so indecisive x

I am buying my first e reader and I am waiting for the Kindle Fire to come out!! I have wanted both an e reader and a tablet for a while now. So the Kindle Fire fits the bill. I like the fact that its not just an e reader and that I can browse the internet also. Role on the 25th of October :)

Starlight you have just made me realise i didnt see what screen type the new one will be. I think its gonna be a lcd screen. Think i will be going for the e ink display ones because the glare from the lcd ones distort my vision after a while even with my glasses on. Will just wait till after the 25th to see if any of the e ink ones drop in price x

Safia said:
Starlight you have just made me realise i didnt see what screen type the new one will be. I think its gonna be a lcd screen. Think i will be going for the e ink display ones because the glare from the lcd ones distort my vision after a while even with my glasses on. Will just wait till after the 25th to see if any of the e ink ones drop in price x

Kindle prices are coming down... I noticed the one I have in argos for £69 when I had mine last year that model was double that... I love ky kindle, and as nice as kobo looks, I think I would on the whole stick with amazon... It's good that there are other options however, as someone pointed out earlier, its like phones, you tend to stick with a brand/ format that you are comfy with...

I've just had a proper look at the new Kindle on the amazon site, I didnt even think about the screen until you all mentioned it... now I'm not so excited. I already have an Ipad and a laptop so maybe I will just stick to my touch screen Kindle... but the new one looks so good... I dont know what to doooo! lol x

I think by putting a backlit screen on the new kindle and kobo they r defeating the object of it being like a book :) I love my kobo but my aunty has the kindle I love that too, they both do the same thing I think it really is just personal preference x

I have a kindle and I love it, have probably only spent £10 on getting books, i've a few discs from ebay that have tons of books on and there have been a couple I could only get via amazon so i've done so, I like most of the free books (reminds me to go check out the latest) I wouldn't be without mine

Hiya everyone i am thinking of getting a e reader and cant decide whether to get a kindle or kobo. From online reviews kobo is more appealing but when i went on their website some of the books i am likely to read are not available to read so not sure which one to get now x

kobo because you can download books for free and it accepts more file formats yes there are some free ones with kindle but alot you have to pay for and they can be more expensive than buying the paperback

For anyone interested amazon have started taking reservations for kindle paperwhite which was only available in america. It looks really interesting lol more choices for me to decide on. Also it mentions on the website about the kindle owners lending library where you can borrow books from kindle but it says its for people with prime membership which i think you have to pay for so it really wont be free x

Back