Kirstys - 2nd attempt!!

Ah that sucks hun. Don't give up just stick at it. Maybe try adding some superspeeds in too....
Anything is worth a try x

Im trying a day of sucess express today followed by two EE days then 2 more sucess express before finally another ee this week.

Plan for today

Breakfast - 2 x small brown bread, dairlea triangle with chicken - also on toast 2 x tomatoes and 1/2 onion followed by 2 clementimes and an apple

Lunch - massive chicken salad with 1cal spray

Snack - fruit - melon/pineapple

Dinner - sw chicken satay (2 syns as divided by 4), with 1/3 chicken satay which is chicken/peppers/mushrooms/onions with rice in one third plate and 2/3 plate roasted vegetables.

Syns - 2
Weekly - 2 syns

Exercise - 1 hour power walking and 100 sit ups going start doing them a few times a week

Last edited:
Im trying a day of sucess express today

Plan for today
Seems like a red day so you get 2 HEX A & 2 HEX B's)

Breakfast - 2 x small brown bread (HEX B), dairlea triangle (if only 1 needs syn as a HEX A is 4) with chicken - also on toast (is this more toast ie another HEX B or same piece?) 2 x tomatoes and 1/2 onion followed by 2 clementimes and an apple

Lunch - massive chicken salad with 1cal spray

Snack - fruit - melon/pineapple and grapes

Dinner - sw chicken satay (2 syns as divided by 4), with 1/3 chicken satay which is chicken/peppers/mushrooms/onions and 2/3 plate roasted vegetables.

snack - more fruit if hungry

Syns - 2
Weekly - 2 syns
Exercise - 1 hour power walking

Don't know about success express but your menu looks good.
However (nit picking) put few comments above.
Hope you get the loss you want this week :)

Don't know about success express but your menu looks good.
However (nit picking) put few comments above.
Hope you get the loss you want this week :)
I never realised i had to syn it cause i just having one dairlea triangle, didnt realise i need to have them all, i showed my consultant my diary last week and i always have same breakfast she didnt tell me that??? Confused haha!!
It was the same toast sorry!
Im going to have a little rice with dinner perhaps so that make it ee not decided yet

thanks for your help!!

I don't know the recipe for the chicken satay, so as a reminder, on SE you must take the higher syn value.

eg. Sausages that are 1/2 syn on EE and Red, yet 9 on Green would mean counting 9 syns for the sausage on SE.

Being controversial - I don't think that you would need to syn the dairylea triange. It's part of your hexa choice - although I would try and have more calcium from somewhere. You've not used many syns - you could have had a milky hot chocolate - used a few more syns and also increased your calcium.

I am liking the sound of the satay chicken. That has always been one of my favourite things from the Chinese.
What is the recipe for it? x

Here is the recipe

I love it, its amazing

Chicken Satay
Serves: 4
Syns per serving:
3 Syns on Original, Extra Easy and Green*
*Add 6 Syns if not using chicken as a Healthy Extra on Green
Ingredients.
For the satay chicken:
454g diced chicken breast
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sweetener
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp ground c u m in
Fry Light
Satay/kebab skewers

For the sauce:
3 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
120ml water
½ garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp very low fat fromage frais
Method.
1. Place the diced chicken into a dish or bowl. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4. Drain the chicken, then skewer the chunks onto the kebab sticks (usually 3-4 pieces per stick)

3. Place on a baking tray, spray with Fry Light and cook for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked.

4. Whilst the chicken is cooking, make the sauce by mixing the peanut butter, water and garlic together in a pan over a low heat. Heat until the sauce begins to thicken slightly, but don't worry if it seems runny as it will thicken as it cools.

kirsty_baird_26 said:
Here is the recipe

I love it, its amazing

Chicken Satay
Serves: 4
Syns per serving:
3 Syns on Original, Extra Easy and Green*
*Add 6 Syns if not using chicken as a Healthy Extra on Green
Ingredients.
For the satay chicken:
454g diced chicken breast
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sweetener
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp ground c u m in
Fry Light
Satay/kebab skewers

For the sauce:
3 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
120ml water
½ garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp very low fat fromage frais
Method.
1. Place the diced chicken into a dish or bowl. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4. Drain the chicken, then skewer the chunks onto the kebab sticks (usually 3-4 pieces per stick)

3. Place on a baking tray, spray with Fry Light and cook for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked.

4. Whilst the chicken is cooking, make the sauce by mixing the peanut butter, water and garlic together in a pan over a low heat. Heat until the sauce begins to thicken slightly, but don't worry if it seems runny as it will thicken as it cools.

Thank you. Might try this saturday with my egg fried rice and beef in black bean sauce, my own little ****** meal :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you for the satay recipe.

And I feel your pain with the weight loss atm :( xxx

Joanne – how are you getting on having a tough time?
Im so frustrated been 100% last two weeks just lost half a pound last week despite joining spinfit and Zumba again and uping my walking each day to around 40 minutes. Then this week I do same again under syns both weeks as I usually have my full 105 and I gained 1.5lb I was actually crying was that frustrated just feel nothings working at all. :)

Todays plan

20th January 2012 – Red

B – 2 x small brown bread, dairlea triangle with chicken followed by an apple and clementime

L – massive chicken salad with low cal spray followed by melon and clementime

Snack - 2nd hex b - 2 x alpine light bars

D – BF making me dinner chicken stuffed with pesto (5 syns – 2.5 per one) served with roasted vegetables

Syns – 5 syns
Weekly- 7 Syns

Last edited:
I was having the same problem few weeks ago, but decided to go back to basics 100% and (touch wood) seems to be working.

Re an earlier post about the HA/HB Dairylea thing, I was told that in order for the 'science bit' of SW to work you need to have the exact ammount of the stated HA/HB, like with some cereals you used to have to have a scan bran along side. Who knows!?? I guess whatever works for you is best!

Good luck! xx

Yeah babe I feel like I'm really strugging, like you will have saw on the facebook page.

I think I need to go back to basics and just stop being silly! Try to have your full HEXA, eating dairy is proven to aid weight loss :) x

K I'll add you x

Hey,

Its been ok im doing success express today and tomorrow to try and kick start a loss again so heres the weekends plan and todays so far.

How are you all getting on? Good weekend?

Saturday 21st January 2012 – EE

Brunch – 2 x brown bread (10 syns minus the hex b so 4 syns) with no mayo or butter, with grilled bacon, tomatoes, lettuce and onion. Served with a salad and a diet coke

Snack – empire biscuit (Boyfriend bought me a special one lol guessing 11 syns are that’s how much Greggs are and this one was smaller than a Greggs one)

Dinner – chinese meal out with bf – had hot and sour soup (5.5 syns), chicken and mushrooms with black bean sauce (5.5 syns) with fried rice (4 syns) and ordered an extra portion of grilled mixed vegetables (Free) = 15 syns but I just ate half but still count as 15 had no dessert J go me!!

Exercise – at least 1 hour power walking

Syns – 30 syns

Weekly – 37 syns

Sunday 22nd January – EE

B -
2 x white bread with 1 tbsp marg (15 syns)

L – 2 x small brown bread, tomatoes, hex a cheese and cucumber

D – Gammon with no fat, 2 tbsp el mayo 1 syn (over lettuce, peppers, cucumber, onion, carrot, cabbage into a sort of coleslaw was gorgeous) with 2 small potatoes

Snack – ff yoghurt, with fruits of forest berries, (Blue berries, strawberries, gooseberries, grapes, raspberries, red currents also added melon, pineapple, kiwi fruit)

Exercise – 1 hour power walking

Syns – 16 syns
Weekly – 53 syns

Monday 23rd January – Success Express

B – 2 x small brown bread, with one dairlea triangle with 6 cherry tomatoes and half an onion and turkey, then an apple and big celemtine

L – prepared a tuna salad last night, massive box of mixed lettuce leaves, cucumber, red onion, cherry tomatoes, carrot, pepper served with a tin of tuna with no mayo and1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (2.5 syns), followed by a shape delight apple crumble yoghurt ( 1/2 syn) and a pear

Wont get in from gym till about 8ish so snack before gym is bananna

D – sw burger with el mince in 2 portabello mushrooms with one bit bacon with no fat, served with roasted vegetables I cut up last night (1 carrot/ half a courgette, 1 pepper, half an onion and 5 cherry tomatoes) and some sw coleslaw carrot/onion/cabbage and 2 tbsp el mayo (1 syn)

Exercise – 1 hour spin class, 40 min power walking
Syns – 4 syns
Weekly – 57 syns

Last edited:
Back