Kirsty's Atkins Diary

Oh, kirsty! I know how this feels. Both my father and my brother have leukaemia - different types - and bro has a heart condition, too.

Thank God your brother is improving and is back on a general ward.

Welcome back hun and remember that on Atkins food goes back into its normal place in our lives - i.e. secondary to living itself, with all life's ups and downs.

When illness hits you realise how unimportant food cravings really are. Puts things in perspective. We can deal with the food!

Bless you all.

Jeez Kirsty, what a shocking fright you must have had love. I'ts nice to hear he is recovering and that your're back love.

Hey guys thank you so much for your positive thoughts, it has been a really horrible time, was praying to god that he would get better (I don't beleive in God, but I was actually praying. I hope that's not disrespectful to people who do). I don't know if it helped, but thankfully he is now on the road to recovery. He is off everything now, but is still getting antibiotics and has started to eat small amounts but is drinking plenty of fluids.

Unfortunately my diet's not been my main priority so have let slip just a bit lol. Am getting back on track this week now though. Don't go back to work til Monday, yay!

How are all of you lovely peeps? Have missed you all! lol Did u have a good Christmas and new year? xx

How awful for you and your family Kirsty. So glad to hear your brother is on the mend. You look after yourself too..... nice to see you back :)

Wow Kristy big hugs.. I only can imagine how awful it has been for you and your family but I'm happy to hear things are going better..

If you haven't been watching your diet, I really don't blame you and understand. You've had more important things going and I'm sure atkins was the last thought on your mind..

big hugs once again

Hi Kirsty, the less said about Christmas and New Year the better here ;) LOL

Hey all! Found out yesterday that my bro could now have encephalitis (doctors still not 100%). Anyone heard of this??

Yes I have. I think it is kinda, fluid on the brain, or some such old-fashioned description. Not sure of the cause nor the treatment but it definitely involves the buildup of fluid.

Hope someone else here with medical knowledge can help. Google it hun. Bless you all.

Thanks guys, docs still aren't too sure, they have sent tests all over the UK for more advice as they haven't seen anything like thxis before. My brother is slowly getting better though so is a good sign x

That's good news Kirsty love. I hope he continues to improve.

Hi Hun

Pleased he is on the mend

xx

Hey thanks for asking, he is definately getting better. He still can't walk or see much but there are talks of him being moved to another hospital for rehabilitation and physiotherapy to get his strength back. He is also getting his appetite back, he wants us to bring him in a cheeseburger the next time lol xx

That's good progress the Kirsty love.

Hope he makes full recovery soon x

Hi Kirsty

Just worked my way thru your diary... what a rollercoaster ride you've been on. x

Back