Kirsty's Atkins Diary

Morning Kirsty, that's so nice with the little lad. :)

Oh oh weigh in tonight! Am a bit nervous 'cause was quite bad at the weekend... lol

LOL, I wouldn't weigh in at night anyway, I always put weight on during the day. :) I'm at my lowest first thing in the morning when I wake.

fingers crossed for you mate hope it goes ok

xx

Well I put on 2lb! boo hoo! I didn't have a good weekend but I didnt think I had done that bad! I am starting to see a pattern with my weight loss though so maybe it's something to do with my period. I did only go to the gym 3 times last week tho...

If its that time of the month i wouldn't worry too much hun bet you will have a big loss this week. Try to be good at the weekend if you can you have 1 more week on that november challenge - good luck hun and keep your chin up

xx

STS for me this week! Am quite happy really as I was so bad at the weekend and have been binging the past couple of days! Really need to stop!

Hi Kirsty, good morning to you, well done on STS.

Hi Kristy how are you.. with all these Xmas sweets and etc. everywhere you look it is a bit distracting to stay focus. at least you didn't gain any weight.. we all have to be strong

Just a thought, Kirsty.

On the Atkins Community site they don't advise a lengthy period on Induction. Most suggest two weeks only and then straight into Ongoing Weight Loss. They say that if your weight loss stalls a lot at an early stage it may be because you are not eating enough! The science of Atkins is entirely different to other weight loss plans and can be hard to understand but those with years of experience seem to strongly advise a short Induction period.

If you keep slipping and stalling or even regaining a little, going into OWL as Dr Atkins advises might help.

Hey all! Well what a bad week I had last week. Was on an absolute binge all week! Not just at the weekend, but the whole week! Takeaways, pizzas, bread, crisps, sweeties, ice cream, alcohol and never went to the gym once. This is the first time I've felt like this the whole time I started on atkins and it was so bad.

Today I have felt so guilty so went back to the gym tonight. Have finding the no carb diet really hard just now so not sure what I'm going to do. I'm far too scared to go to weigh in this week so am going to skip it and hopefully will do better this week. I think I am going to do WW this week if I'm still getting the carb cravings, still keeping the carbs to as little as possible. Will be having tuna mayo salads for lunch. Had pork and mixed peppers with stock and onions for tea along with 2 slice WW bread. Also had a bowl of bran flakes and milk for supper. I'm not sure what diet I am on at the moment.... lol

Morning Kirsty, can you figure out why you have been bad and had the cravings, you were doing so well.

hey kirsty..

sorry i dont really post much here but ive been following ur progress and i agree with jim u were doing soo well!

I hope you find your path soon! Good luck!

xx

Ahh Kirst! Hows it going? Everyone stumbles now and again, you just need to pick yourself up :) Which diet are you happier on? You've been doing so so well on Atkins!! xx

Kirsty hun, please think of the progress you'd made.

It's not too late to get back into restricting carbs. Obviously you must do what's right for you but you loved the freedom of Atkins - and it is freedom in the most profound sense - and you were thriving on it. A bad week is upsetting and demoralising but it is only one week out of your life! Most of any weight you've regained since last weigh-in will be water, due to your glycogen stores filling up again.

Good luck with whatever plan you decide to follow from now on x

Hey thanks for the support everyone! I have no idea why I have been craving bad food, no idea at all as only 2 weeks ago I didn't even bother. It's just weird! lol Everynight I've been coming home from work and have been starving so just ate anything. Been going to the shop for crisps etc and pizzas and haven't even bothered about it.

I think maybe because I had put on the 2lbs and then STS the week after, maybe it sort of demoralised me, I don't know...
I am still craving the bread this week, so have been doing the ww points so far this week so I'm not overeating (even though I probs shouldnt be eating the carbs). Have been going to the gym this week, so am finally trying to put the binge of last week behind me. I know that it'll probably take the rest of December to lose the weight I've gained (we will find out next week), so maybe should aim for a STS? We'll see how next week's weigh in goes, I didn't go this week! lol

Really want to get back onto Atkins though it was going so great for me! Maybe if I can't do it in December the new year can be my true fresh start... any advice?

Will keep you all updated on my progress, I'm just going to take it day by day as Im being quite unpredictable at the mo...

Hmm, you're not preggers are you?

Jim don't scare her off LOL..

But I agree with Laura, atkins isn't for everyone and you have to find a diet or rather a lifestyle change that works for you.. atkins/low carbing worked for me but a friend of mine loss tons of weight with calorie counting.. so keep that in mind and dont feel defeated if atkins wasn't for you... we're all here to lose weight and support one another.. plus gaining 2 pounds isn't a lot especially if you have been binging like you said.. stay positive and keep on going..

Last edited:
Ah, I just wondered that's all. ;)

Back