Kitten Cold - What to do?

EmVeg

Do a little dance!
Hello All!

Having a bit of an overprotective-kitten-mum moment!

We have two 10 year old indoor/outdoor cats that come and go as they please. We also have two seven and a half month old kitty's.

Recently big cat no. 1 (Ernie) came home with a cold - sneezing lots. He then seems to pass it on to Kitten no.1 (Roo) who sneezed a lot for a while but seems fine now.

Now Kitten no.2 (Jess) is sneezing lots, but seems to have a very, very runny nose along with a nasty gunky eye thats getting a little swollen! She's been a bit lathargic - sleeping under the bed where she's normally right near us. She was eating fine until this dinnertime when she liked and nibble a bit then walked off- but broke up a bit of roast chicken and she ate a bit of that and will look to give her a litte more later! Both kittens had their injections - but I'm not sure if this is something we need to take her (or both) to the vets for, or whether it is something that will sort itself out!

I thought the vaccinations prevents kitty flu?!?!

Can you tell I'm a little worried? :D

Yep - she had them at about 9 - 10 weeks so isn't due another until June 2009.

Oh.. well i dont know.. i would reccomend ringing the vets and asking their opinion.. hope your wee kitty gets better soon..
xx

Thank you very much. Will ring in the morning anywho and see what they say. :D

Back