Knitting Thread!!

that looks very good - i hope she enjoys it!

sorry i was be nosey on messages - x

DQ just how easy is it to follow patterns? I saw a couple of lovely ones for Hollie (7) but was too scared to bite the bullet and give it a go...

I remember my mum knitting me one of those cardigans where the wall is all hoops! By the time she finished it didn't fit! Think i was about 9 at the time and it was green!! I still get a cold sweat thinking about it! lol

If you start with simple patterns (no cabling, just stocking stitch) it's very easy. I love doing patterns with chunky or bigga cos they knit up so quickly so you get the results so much sooner. Always worth giving it a go, and as I say it keeps me out of the kitchen! :p

DQ That is gorgeous, I can't imagine that anyone wouldn't love to have that made for them. I love the Bigga wools, I was eyeing them up in the shop the other day.

Well done :)

Cath

D_Q what are you knitting now? Come on cheer me up with one of your gorgeous patterns.

I'm still doing this shawl for my niece due to be born in May - she'd best not come early as I can't get it to be 1metre in length no matter how fast I click those needles! Then again the fact that I've only picked it up tonight for the 1st time in about 2 weeks really don't help LOL.

Cath

In fact I might spur myself on by buying some wool and a pattern in a size 16 or 18 that i can wear when I get there - hmmm now that seems like a good idea.

Cath

Working on a jumper for DH in sirdar mega chunky - a lovely sage/cream mixture. Bit boring to knit though :rolleyes: Gave the burgundy poncho to a dear friend as a belated birthday pressie, so need to knit myself another one :p Also still owe Issy a poncho, so 2.5 things to knit at the moment. May go into town on Saturday and have a look at the patterns and wool available to keep me interested!:D

Bet your friend was made up with that gift :)

I did another patterns worth of the dreaded shawl last night - hopefully when I measure it this evening it'll be done!

Cath

Sirdar-320-2.jpg

this is the shawl - once it's a 1metre I can start making the outer border which is only 11st and goes the whole way round.

First time I've posted a picture in here so I hope it works!

Cath

Hi Kath

My Mum is knitting a very similar pattern to that at the moment. But she is doing the pram blanket size. She mad one in cream last year for my grandson Freddie (we did not know sex beforehand). Now she is doing one in pink for my new grandaughter due in June.

As she is 90, she just picks it up and does a little bit at a time. Mind you she knitted a baby jacket last week.

Love the poncho D-Q

D_Q, I used to be an avid knitter but I need to work on my tension as mine is too tight. It took me years to realise why my finished garments were a bit smaller than it should! :doh:

I have so many patterns that I'd like to knit! Oh, I have both poncho patterns that you have! Love them!! I have olive yarn for the last poncho that you knitted.

I look forward to knitting some garments for my little girl, then myself and my husband!

Oh my tension is always too loose, but I allow for it and generally knit 'baggy' stuff anyway!!! What patterns have you got - give us a looksee! :D

Here is a couple that I would like to knit within the next couple of years. Mummy and daughter matching poncho! :D

8425.jpg

I have to admit that I don't have a lot of patience for DK yarns when it comes to adult garments so this one would be a challenge! I have plenty of time because my little girl is only 2!

This child pattern will be my next project!

2175.jpg

Oh I adore the poncho - that is fab :clap: I can't be fagged with 'thin' wool (I'm too lazy) so tend to avoid DK unless it's a kiddie jumper :p

Back