Knock! knock! Can I come in please?

Sooh

Hello everyone, can I please come in and join you all? :)

Just want to say hi and say how encouraging it is to find a forum that has members who know first hand what it is like to be really obese and although I know for those who have 3 or 4 stone to lose it is equally as daunting, sometimes when you have basically the average weight of 2 adults to lose it can seem like such an impossible task ahead of you and so reading some of your stories is a true inspiration many of which have filled me with even more determination and motivation!

I am only 5ft 1in and when I got weighed at Boots 11 days ago the scales showed me as weighing 24st 3lb and it was a real shock as I have been avoiding the scales for the past 6 months! I am sure you have all been there and have done the ostrich impersonation of burying your heads in the sand, but due to health problems (all weight related) I have now GOT to get my weight down.

I have been eating healthily coupled with being prescirbed Xenical since the day I got weighed and yesterday I called into Boots and the scales showed a loss of 9lbs in 10 days so I was delighted.

I am so sick of being so fat and simply hate the person I have become and although I have always battled with my weight the last 10 years have seen me balloon into the obese woman I am today and I am so ashamed of myself. However, that is all going to change now and I hope that by joining this forum I will find support and encouragement and in return I can offer the same to others.

I look forward to getting to know you all and hearing all your stories and experiences.

Sue x

PS By the way, please don't think I am full of doom and gloom as I love a giggle and despite my weight I have always maintained a fun loving streak so I hope to enjoy some laughs with you all along the way.:giggle:

Last edited:
Welcome to Minimins :)

Good luck with your diet, look forward to hearing how youre doing x

Hi and welcome. I totally know what it is like with lots to lose but I'm going to get there. How are you finding xenical? And congratulations on the weight loss.

Irene xx

Hi Irene,

Well so far on Xenical I am not experiencing any problems but I eating lots of low fat foods so maybe that is why? I did have a little feeling of 'upset tummy' this morning but it was nothing really and soon passed but I guess it proves it is working so I put that down to having quite a large portion of a home made chicken stir fry (all low fat and healthy of course) last night.

Have you got a lot to lose Irene and if so what are your achievements so far?

I have not set myself a goal and my target at the moment is to get out of the 23 stone bracket so that way I am not putting to much pressure on myself cos I know if I start thinking in stones I will scare myself senseless! Do you know if I were to get into the teens that would be one hell of an obstacle for me cos the past few years I have gone up and down the 20 somethings like a flipping out of control yo yo but to get into the teens would be a real milestone!

Look forward to hearing all about your weight battles and struggles and this forum sure look like it is a wonderful help.

Thank you too Starlight and how wonderful you must feel at having lost so much weight ............ how much exactly and how long did it take you and how did you do it on your own or with a slimming group?

Sue

I still have at least 10 stones to lose hard to tell at the moment what weight I want to be. I am taking it in small mini targets rather than looking at the whole picture so taking it 7 lb at a time. Have 1 1/2 lb to get to 21 lbs

Irene xx

Wow to the pair of you! What an achievement?

Tell me Starlight and anyone else who has lost a lot of weight, what, if you had to name ONE single thing (and I know there will stacks) but ONE thing that stands out above all the rest that you would say really sums up what being so much slimmer means and in what way it has positively impacted on your life?

Sue

Starlight what a wonderful story and I can relate to so much of what you say and I have so much admiration for you I really do. Well done and I am sure many people who are in a similar situation, like myself will draw strength from your success.

Bet it is great to go out buying clothes from 'normal' shops too?

Thank you.

Sue

Hi Sue, welcome to Minimins, its a wonderful place for support, help, advice and above all friendship. Well done on the weight you have lost so far, and good luck with your weight loss journey. Keep posting on here hun, and pop in and out of any thread you would like to contribute to, there are no boundaries on here x x x

Hi Lorna,

12 lbs in 3 weeks is excellent so none of that JUST stuff cos that is amazing!

I bet you are proud of yourself and quite rightly so and nobody realises just how great you feel when you succeed in losing weight unless they too have ever had a weight problem themselves! For naturally slim people it all seems so simple to them and they think we are all just greedy, lazy lumps but as we all know this is not necessarily the case and its a forever viscious circle. Food has become like both my enemy and my best friend over the years and my relationship with it, is unhealthy to say the least and it is getting my mental approach right to food that I think is the key factor.

I am well and truly focused at the moment and with the support of my husband, my family and friends not to mention this forum, I am determined I will finally turn the corner this time and finally achieve the kind of life I only dream of.

We can do it Lorna.

Sue

Hi Sue, welcome to Minimins, its a wonderful place for support, help, advice and above all friendship. Well done on the weight you have lost so far, and good luck with your weight loss journey. Keep posting on here hun, and pop in and out of any thread you would like to contribute to, there are no boundaries on here x x x

Thanks Cheryl,

Wow 8 stones fantastic! Is that you in the photograph and if so ................ don't you look absolutely terrific? Have you got a link to your success story cos I am still trying to work out how to view all areas of the forum and some I am struggling with. I love to read the success and before and after stories so any tips would be appreciated?

Thanks again. :)

Sue

Hi Sue, I'm also a newbie having joined today and am trying to get used to the site. I've just looked at the "Inspiration Slide Show" and found it truly inspirational. There's lots of before and after photos of members which show their weight loss journey.

I usually find it hard to stick to a diet, but I'll think of all those great 'after' pics and it will help me to be committed.

Hi Tealover,

Oh newbies together - shall we join hands and show each other around LOL?

I agree this forum looks like it should be a wonderful help to us and hopefully today is the first step towards a healthier and happier lifestyle. Just remember .......... A journey of 1000 miles started with one single step!

Sue

A warm welcome to tealover and sue!!!
Minis is great for support. WeMITTS is especially good, there's loads of support and encouragement!!! The guys on here are so friendly and welcoming (I started just a week ago and already feel like part of the community). We're here if you need us!
For extra inspiration check out the slide show and weight loss pictures forum. It is so inspiring to see the transformation and that it can actually be done.
Wishing you both the best of luck on your weight loss journeys. Keep us updated on your progress!

~Silence~

Silence and Irene, thank you so much for your encouragement. Since being on here it feels like lots of friends helping and wanting me to succeed. :)

Silence and Irene, thank you so much for your encouragement. Since being on here it feels like lots of friends helping and wanting me to succeed. :)

You're very welcome. It certainly is encouraging and helpful having friends who are going what you're going through and who know how difficult it is. Thats whats so great about minis.

~Silence~

Hi Tealover and Silence,

Lovely to meet you both and lets make sure that this time we SUCCEED! I know you both sound full of determination like I am and somehow I really believe 2008 is going to be the beginning of a new me.

I am off to work soon as I own a gift shop in our seaside town of Skeggy and now that all the schools have broken up and the weather is glorious, its gonna be a busy day so I have got to rush this post in order to get ready etc but just wanted to say a quick hello before I left.

Have a good day and I feel so positive!

Sue x

Back