Knot Stressed

Brilliant! Well done :) They say 10lb is a dress size don't they? Have you noticed a change in your clothes? x

Brilliant! Well done :) They say 10lb is a dress size don't they? Have you noticed a change in your clothes? x

Thanks Sarah. I'm definitely more comfortable in some of my clothes but I think I'd have to lose a lot more before I see any size change :)

Thanks Sarah. I'm definitely more comfortable in some of my clothes but I think I'd have to lose a lot more before I see any size change :)

I don't think so, maybe not the size you want to be eventually but at least moving down the sizes. I started at a size 18 now sitting in the 14 zone. I want to be at size 10 really!

First of the Wednesday weigh ins yesterday. I managed to overcome the gain from the weekend and hit my first 10lb target :) I thought I'd work in 10lbs as it feels manageable as a target.

Well done :)

It's been a funny couple of days. I'm not sure if I've really been following SW properly.
Today is going to be different also. I'm out on a visit with work where we will have lunch provided. I've got 2 Alpen light bars in my bag and had fruit for breakfast. I should be able to muddle through.

Yesterday's work outing went well and food wasn't too bad.

Today has been much better but not sure if it's enough to see a decent loss on the scales tomorrow. Fingers crossed :scale:

Yesterday's work outing went well and food wasn't too bad. Today has been much better but not sure if it's enough to see a decent loss on the scales tomorrow. Fingers crossed :scale:

Good luck for tomorrow!

Managed to STS this week. A little disappointed but only me to blame for being a bit lax :sigh:

I'm in London for work for two days, which is always a struggle, and then out for a birthday meal and drinks on Saturday night. I'll have to be extra 'good' for the rest of the week :rolleyes:

Managed to STS this week. A little disappointed but only me to blame for being a bit lax :sigh: I'm in London for work for two days, which is always a struggle, and then out for a birthday meal and drinks on Saturday night. I'll have to be extra 'good' for the rest of the week :rolleyes:

Better than a gain :) hope you have a good week :)

Thanks ladies :)

Coped quite well yesterday at the hotel. I decided to buy a salad from a local supermarket and eat in my room, rather than go to the restaurant.

Breakfast this morning was fruit followed by grilled bacon, beans and mushrooms. Hotel food is definitely getting more healthy :)

A bank holiday weekend and the start of a week's leave. I'm going away next weekend for some girly spa time and really looking forward to it. It will not be very SW friendly so I'm planning a very low syn / no syn few days before and after. As long as I can avoid a gain I'll be happy.

How has your Bank Holiday been? Mine has been quite busy with a bit of gardening style body magic and some household chores. I'm about to sit down to a yummy pasta salad and a bit of Criminal Minds (luuurrve me some Morgan - swoon)

Food wise it hasn't been a bad few days. Fingers crossed for a loss on Wednesday.

Hi there, I'm just popping in to say hello.
I started SW yesterday so was interested to read how you have got on during the last few weeks.
I have the same problems as you seem to have - eating out/hotels etc which throw the routine out. I will be keeping an eye out for some tips on coping! Like you did, I often buy couscous etc from the supermarket and eat it in my room when I can, with yogurt and fruit for afters but it is impossible to do that if I am travelling with a colleague.
Good luck!

Hi Maria, thanks for dropping by.

I find work gets in the way of lots of things not just my weight loss :) Luckily I don't travel every week but on the weeks I do I struggle to stay on track.

The main reason is well meaning colleagues. As I don't see them often they usually recommend we nip off for lunch, or dinner and drinks, depending on where I am and who I'm seeing!

I don't like to say no but I'm not yet willing to get into the why's and what's about my weight loss efforts, as it's too early in the process. Hopefully when it becomes more obvious I'm getting healthier, then I'll not be so self-concious. You never know ;)

Last edited:
According to my scales this mornings weigh in shows a loss of 2.8lbs :happy036: Just 1.2lbs to make my 1 stone loss :)

I'm really pleased with this week's result. Fingers crossed I can have a reasonable weekend and not blow it :rolleyes:

Woohoo! Well done you, know what you mean about the not wanting to explain why you are trying to be good - I felt like that and sometimes still do. Although I'm now showing I've lost weight I'm still in the obese section so still feel huge!

Well I'm back from my holiday and had a fabulous time. Unfortunately the scales show a BIG gain of 4.5lbs! OOOPS :(

Don't worry, you'll lose that soon enough - did you enjoy the holiday? Don't worry about the scales sometimes you still have to have a life!

Back