Know I'm Not Guna Get My Target :(

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
So i have 44.5lbs left to lose to get to my ideal weight of 12st.

Now i only have 8 weeks left untill i go on holiday - realistically i am not going to get there.

Reckon i could probably get 28lbs of it gone but that leaves 16.5lbs

Now here's the dilema - do i come back from holiday and hop on LT again to lose my last little bit or do i lose it by eating healthy and gyming it up?

It kind of goes against what i believe in for LT so i'm leaning more towards losing it healthily but im just not sure :sigh:

But then i have also thought that i could do 2 shakes a day and a balanced meal (no carbs) after my hols in time for my next hols in august (would give me another 4 weeks on LT) what do ya all thinkies?!!!

Hey Summergurl

My friend lost 8 stone on LT last year and towards the end she had about 3 stone to go and she went on maintenance which was a Summerfruit shake which are gorgeous and a caramel bar - also nice and then a healthy meal at nice - chicken, baked potato salad for example and she has lost that weight and maintained for 3 months already.
So you could well do that after you holiday and then you would at least be eating one nice meal a day :):)

Well done so far you lost loads :)

Oooh never thought of the maintenance products - that could be my way forward :) thanks caterpillar x

Hi Summer im the same, I want to get to 12st too, which leaves me 22lbs to go, ive decided if I have less than a stone when I finish in 2 weeks then ill do maintenance/WW, so heres to loosing 8lbs in 2 weeks :( Good luck with whatever you decide x

I would refeed for your holiday and enjoy yourself while you are there (not going mad of course) you'll have lost so much by then you'll feel fantastic anyway!!! Then when you return you could do the maintence or LT products with one no carb meal or very small carb. xxxxxx

Summergurl, I'm doing the same. I've got a wee bit still to lose but am joining ww tonight and plan to do it by low fat food and maintenance products. Probably not how ww want you to do it but what the heck !

I did originally plan my refeed for this week to enjoy a meal on Saturday. I thought about going back on lt on Sunday but I'm going to try to lose the last weight by eating sensibly. The reason I've chosen to do it that way was due to me getting worried about food. I was bullimic for years and I want to have a sensible approach to food. It was worrying me that I would get obsessed again. That's my reasons.

I am in exactly the same position as you Summer. I am going on holiday in 3 weeks. I plan to refeed in 2 weeks time and then take maintenence stuff on hol for Breakfast and luch plus sensible meal in the night. What to do when I come back though? Haven't decided yet but thinking more along the lines of healthy eating and exercise. Let me know what you decide and well done for you weight loss so far. xx

Mummyem - you can do 8lbs :) good luck xxxx

I would refeed for your holiday and enjoy yourself while you are there (not going mad of course) you'll have lost so much by then you'll feel fantastic anyway!!! Then when you return you could do the maintence or LT products with one no carb meal or very small carb. xxxxxx

Yeah i am refeeding a week before my hols but its when im back im worried about. I am swaying more towards maintence products at the mo.

Anyone know how much they are?

Summergurl, I'm doing the same. I've got a wee bit still to lose but am joining ww tonight and plan to do it by low fat food and maintenance products. Probably not how ww want you to do it but what the heck !

I did originally plan my refeed for this week to enjoy a meal on Saturday. I thought about going back on lt on Sunday but I'm going to try to lose the last weight by eating sensibly. The reason I've chosen to do it that way was due to me getting worried about food. I was bullimic for years and I want to have a sensible approach to food. It was worrying me that I would get obsessed again. That's my reasons.

Ooooh well you dont want to fall into that area again chick do you so do whats best for you :) I hope it all goes ok for you xx

Hi Tanya, I'm in a similar position. I have 8 weeks til refeed and 35lbs to go until target. I think I could get pretty close but not right on target. I'm planning on refeeding for my hols and when I come back have some maintenance products to try to even out my weight and even lose a few more pounds. Eating healthily and hitting the gym is my way forward. You've still got plenty of time to plan this so don't go worrying too much. I can't wait til refeed but I know you're not are you?

I would go for the maintenance products . I went on the lipotrim website and typed in my BMI cos I have not got a lot to lose it came up with the suggestion to use maintenance products. I am going to see how I get on when on holiday and then when I return possibly look at this option.

I think you should refeed for your hols, have a fab time and then decide. Good luck, you have done fantastically well. You are an inspiration x

Ahh thanks biglao :)

Hi Tanya, I'm in a similar position. I have 8 weeks til refeed and 35lbs to go until target. I think I could get pretty close but not right on target. I'm planning on refeeding for my hols and when I come back have some maintenance products to try to even out my weight and even lose a few more pounds. Eating healthily and hitting the gym is my way forward. You've still got plenty of time to plan this so don't go worrying too much. I can't wait til refeed but I know you're not are you?

No mini, i'm really not :cry: but i know its got to happen. I've got just under 8 weeks to prepare myself thats why im thinking about it now.

Im just sh*tting a brick about putting all the weight back on - which i know i probably wont but its such a scary thought! lol

You have a little less to lose than me - i reckon you could do that in 8 weeks - if not you will be darn close! :D

It's such a dilemma - who'd thought i'd be wondering whether to carry on eating or go back to LT hey!!! :sigh: lol

It's so strange to think about eating healthily and being worried about keeping off the weight when before LT that was the last thing on my mind. I really am looking forward to eating again but like you am worried about putting the weight back on. Really must plan about taking control of portions and things I eat but am looking at it like a challenge rather than a chore.

It's good to plan ahead, I've been reading the refeeding threads to get some ideas of what to eat and they really do help.

I dont think portion sizes will be a problem for us when we first come off - 1 lettuce leaf and i reckon we'll be full! haha

Aw thanks lou :)

I still do have 8 weeks but i like to plan and am a worrier lol So im trying to decide what to do now! lol x

Aw thanks lou :)

I still do have 8 weeks but i like to plan and am a worrier lol So im trying to decide what to do now! lol x
Me too hunny and i'm a list writer too!! just ahte it when things dont go as I PLANNED!! lol, 8 weeks hunny is still plenty of time to kick the butt of those last stuborn pounds...you'll be "fabalas"on the beach sweetie xx

Me too hunny and i'm a list writer too!! just ahte it when things dont go as I PLANNED!!/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha we are EXACTLY the same!

I used to get told off in school for not doing spider diagrams cuz i'd always do lists!!!! lol

I think the maintenance products are £11 for 7.
I'm doing the same, I've still got a little way to go but as starting a new job I'm going to refeed on Saturday and lose the rest through healthy eating and exercise. I'm sure whatever you decide you will succeed as you have done so well. xx

Hey summer, i understand exactly where you are coming from. You may not hit your target in time but let me tell you,you have done flipping marvellous and in 8 weeks time you won't be far off!!

You have been so head strong and determined and you will not put all the weight back on,you will be just fine.

Saying that i should practice what i preach!!;)

I,like you will be happy to be in the 12's,well i want to be just under ;) and i am 20lbs off and can't quite believe it.
I am crapping myself as it's so close and i am wondering if i too should have a few more weeks on LT andaim to get to my target by maintainence products,as to be honest i don't want to loose much more once i hit target. So don't really want to do the whole target on LT and loose more. I'm so undecided too and it's messing up my head!! Arghhhhh.

Do you have to refeed before you go onto maintainance?

Sorry i probably haven't been much help :)

Back