Knowing when your in ketosis?

kered

Gold Member
Not started my lipotrim yet as I have my appointment for Jan 6th. Reading all the threads on here over the last few days and they are very inspiring and very good for the tips, especially with the peppermint tea etc that you can add to the shakes.

Just thinking about ketosis and I can imagine the first few days are the worst until you get into ketosis, but how do you know when you are in ketosis? Is it just a case of not feeling hungry any longer, or is there something else? Beginning to get anxious and excited about starting lipotrim.

You can buy Ketostixs which u pee on and it changes colour to tell you but usually I found first 3 days were hard but after that i felt like I had loads of energy and didnt feel hungry anymore.

The sticks are good. I save myself money though - I know when the ketosis fairy has been as I wake up in the morning feeling like a squirel has pooped in my mouth during the night!!! :eek: Nice!!!! (Don't worry, a good cleaning of the teeth soon sorts that out)

xx

Ohhhh forgot about the lovely stale mouth!! mmmm cant wait to jump back on ha ha ha x

When you go into ketosis the feeling of hunger is greatly reduced and some people get a well-being feeling. I get this myself and it is very nice, I also have loads of energy...it can sometimes take a few weeks for your energy to kick in:)

Definitely take it easy the first week while your body adapts to the diet.

If you cut down on carbs now before starting ...you will go into ketosis quicker and without the carb withdrawals...

"When fat is burned rapidly, the body produces substances from the fat called 'ketones' and the person is said to be in ketosis. Ketones can be detected in the urine of dieters and provides encouragement that body fat is being burned. Ketones can sometimes be detected on the breath. This is only temporary and can be reduced by adequate water intake and mouth rising with a mouthwash (ie Oraldene, Listerine)"

Thanks very much for your replies. Good tips there too about reducing the carbs now. My appt is Jan 6th and I intend to start lipotrim on Jan 7th.

I will definitely be on carbs tonight and tomorrow, but I will try hard from Jan 2nd to cut them right back.

Thanks again.

when i was on lipotrim last time the ketostix would always show a pale pink colour even though i had been on lipotrim for 10 days and was drinking enough water... but yeah, ketosi-breath is a good indicator :)

The sticks are good. I save myself money though - I know when the ketosis fairy has been as I wake up in the morning feeling like a squirel has pooped in my mouth during the night!!! :eek: Nice!!!! (Don't worry, a good cleaning of the teeth soon sorts that out)

xx

hahahahhahahahahahahahahaha oh my god i think im gonna die laughing!!!!! lol..
its horrid tho. I use listerine strips which taste disgusting but do the job!

I'm on day 3 and sure looking forward to ketosis. I think the best thing is not feeling hungry anymore. When the energy boost comes, that's a bonus! The yucky breath I am not welcoming but will deal with; got a couple of small bottles of listerine mouthwash and will definitely be carrying one around in my bag. Still, I'll be happy knowing it's a sign of the flab getting burnt away! The ketostix will give clear 'scientific' evidence if you want that though.

well the clear scientific evidence shows that im in strong ketosis every morning and weak ketosis every afternoon/evening. im so confused!!! :s

well the clear scientific evidence shows that im in strong ketosis every morning and weak ketosis every afternoon/evening. im so confused!!! :s
That sounds about right, by afternoon time you will have drank water and the level of ketones diluted. So long as you're in ketosis you're burning fat!:D

aaah that does make sense actually... didnt think it worked like that

I always think of it this way; so long as you have your foodpacks, water, and nothing else, then you will be in Ketosis; you have to be! :D

lmao! u were just like that u ickle hypocrite! u used to do my head in and dont make me tell everyone what u used to do!!!

when i see that im in ketosis it makes me more motivated to continue!! thats why the 1st couple of days are hard for me cos ur in the process of going into ketosis.

Now that all the celebrations are over, I am really excited at the thought of starting Lipotrim. I think I will be a regular on here, so looking forward to getting to know you all.

Back