Kuromi's big journey diary

I'm a dedicated researcher too so I totally get it all. Don't give up on trying to find answers then, especially if you're liable to give up. Ask your GP if they can palpate your tum to check for cysts/have a scan? Good luck with the coil ... I was on depo for 11 years, weaned off of it ( to battle weight issues) had the coil fitted (take the pain meds advice seriously - within 30 minutes of putting it in it was not the happiest experience of my life,), and had it taken out a month later (that research bug again! But others swear by the coil).

I hope you detect the pattern of gains and losses soon so you feel better for knowing what's what xxx

Last edited:
Hi,

Well today I'm 10.8 1/4 which I'm pretty sure is what I was yesterday and I've had 3 shakes so far with the plan to have one more about 8:30. I decided after I'd gone to bed last night that due to the high amount of shakes I bought I'd try 4 shakes a day and that way there's no chance of me eating or drinking the wrong thing and messing things up incase it's me being in denial about something or not weighing stuff out right.

I posted on the S&S forums with my issue and asked if anyone else has experienced anything similar and this is the reply I got from an admin:

"Hi Kuromi,

The truth is with this type of diet it makes no difference as to if you follow lipotrim, lighter life, cambridge diet or slim & save the principles are the same and so are the results.

You had already been on plan with LT for however long and achieved great weight loss, but as with any diet the longer you are on the plan the weight loss will slow down. The day you switched to S&S and then got weighed the day after and had gained would of very likely been the same scenario had you still been on LT. On our plan you would be consuming around 650 calories per day and it would be impossible to gain real weight whilst on this level of calories.

Body weight increases and decreases daily so getting weighed every day is a sure recipe for disaster as we state in our brochure.

You ordered from us on the 11th of November and it was delivered on the 12th it is now the 20th so you have had our products 8 days and in this time you have tried 4 per day, 3 per day with a meal and 3 per day without a meal. You have not given any method of the plan chance to work and your body time to adjust before you have switched to another method of following the plan. Additionally our plan is not designed to be a 3 packs per day programme so it should not of been followed in this manner.

We have thousands of customers who have lost their weight following our plan so there is no doubt that the plan works, there is also many many customers who post on minimins independent forums who have switched over from lighter life, lipotrim, cambridge diet etc and are posting about how good their results are. I think had you given the transition a week before getting weighed you would of seen the results you where expecting and would still be on track and mentally focused.

Also to put your mind at rest, to gain 5lb over night would require you to consume 17,500 calories (1lb of fat = 3,500 calories) so I am more than confident this did not happen, so therefore had your weight gone up this would be purely down to water weight which is not fat weight and would of regulated itself within a few days.

Ketostix are highly unreliable and as such we do not recommend using them to gauge ketosis. High hydration levels usually render the results inadequate. You can generally tell if you are in ketosis based on the taste in your mouth.

However you choose to move forward I wish you good luck, but please try to keep to weighing once per week and give whichever plan you switch to long enough to work."

I feel like I'm almost being told off. If I'd weighed myself a week after starting I would have still seen a 2 lb raise.
Yes I have tried a number of options because when I rang and asked for advice the lady I spoke to didn't know anything and told me she didn't know what to do.
As for giving it time to work, they state I can switch between 3 packs and a meal or 4 packs as I see fit, so is this now saying pick one method and stick to it?

According to that I'm not in ketosis as I don't have a nasty taste, which is why I've ordered the sticks in the first place.

I don't doubt the plan works, however being as we are all different then maybe something isn't right for me, which is why I asked for advice but feel like that states "it must be you as thousands of people make it work so you're doing something wrong".
Also I didn't say I'd gained fat - I read up to know that but by the same accounts something is making me weigh heavier.

I'm guessing they didn't appreciate me saying I'd regretted the transition and was considering going back to LT on their forum as I thought they would have maybe suggested something other than just keep it up. I'm scared to incase I don't go down as I'm running out of time to reach my goal before my nights out :(

Hi, Well today I'm 10.8 1/4 which I'm pretty sure is what I was yesterday and I've had 3 shakes so far with the plan to have one more about 8:30. I decided after I'd gone to bed last night that due to the high amount of shakes I bought I'd try 4 shakes a day and that way there's no chance of me eating or drinking the wrong thing and messing things up incase it's me being in denial about something or not weighing stuff out right. I posted on the S&S forums with my issue and asked if anyone else has experienced anything similar and this is the reply I got from an admin: "Hi Kuromi, The truth is with this type of diet it makes no difference as to if you follow lipotrim, lighter life, cambridge diet or slim & save the principles are the same and so are the results. You had already been on plan with LT for however long and achieved great weight loss, but as with any diet the longer you are on the plan the weight loss will slow down. The day you switched to S&S and then got weighed the day after and had gained would of very likely been the same scenario had you still been on LT. On our plan you would be consuming around 650 calories per day and it would be impossible to gain real weight whilst on this level of calories. Body weight increases and decreases daily so getting weighed every day is a sure recipe for disaster as we state in our brochure. You ordered from us on the 11th of November and it was delivered on the 12th it is now the 20th so you have had our products 8 days and in this time you have tried 4 per day, 3 per day with a meal and 3 per day without a meal. You have not given any method of the plan chance to work and your body time to adjust before you have switched to another method of following the plan. Additionally our plan is not designed to be a 3 packs per day programme so it should not of been followed in this manner. We have thousands of customers who have lost their weight following our plan so there is no doubt that the plan works, there is also many many customers who post on minimins independent forums who have switched over from lighter life, lipotrim, cambridge diet etc and are posting about how good their results are. I think had you given the transition a week before getting weighed you would of seen the results you where expecting and would still be on track and mentally focused. Also to put your mind at rest, to gain 5lb over night would require you to consume 17,500 calories (1lb of fat = 3,500 calories) so I am more than confident this did not happen, so therefore had your weight gone up this would be purely down to water weight which is not fat weight and would of regulated itself within a few days. Ketostix are highly unreliable and as such we do not recommend using them to gauge ketosis. High hydration levels usually render the results inadequate. You can generally tell if you are in ketosis based on the taste in your mouth. However you choose to move forward I wish you good luck, but please try to keep to weighing once per week and give whichever plan you switch to long enough to work." I feel like I'm almost being told off. If I'd weighed myself a week after starting I would have still seen a 2 lb raise. Yes I have tried a number of options because when I rang and asked for advice the lady I spoke to didn't know anything and told me she didn't know what to do. As for giving it time to work, they state I can switch between 3 packs and a meal or 4 packs as I see fit, so is this now saying pick one method and stick to it? According to that I'm not in ketosis as I don't have a nasty taste, which is why I've ordered the sticks in the first place. I don't doubt the plan works, however being as we are all different then maybe something isn't right for me, which is why I asked for advice but feel like that states "it must be you as thousands of people make it work so you're doing something wrong". Also I didn't say I'd gained fat - I read up to know that but by the same accounts something is making me weigh heavier. I'm guessing they didn't appreciate me saying I'd regretted the transition and was considering going back to LT on their forum as I thought they would have maybe suggested something other than just keep it up. I'm scared to incase I don't go down as I'm running out of time to reach my goal before my nights out :(

Hmmm sounded a bit like they were telling off a naughty school kid to me. Personally i dont think 3 meals a day would affect things, these are just their guidelines, only you no whats best for your body.

Another lady on these forums has responded on another thread saying she had a problem so I asked her if her problem sound similar to mine and she has had the exact same issue, so she has given me some advice so I'm hopefully going to be able to loose again now.

I tried a different approach yesterday by just having 4 shakes and already I'm back down to 10.7 which is the weight I was the day I started S&S before all this issue started.

Here's praying tomorrow it goes down some more so I know I'm back on track and can relax again.

Started off a little disappointed that the scales had stayed the same since yesterday as I was hoping for even a small decrease, however when I used my old ones they showed a lower reading, so I nudged my electronic ones to make sure they were sitting flat and they now read 10.6 1/2. That has made my day now after all that issue the last week - I think I've cracked it. I've noticed (thanks to Tracyx) that all the S&S packs have varying amounts of carbs so now I'm trying to balance them out so I'm about 45gs a day and that seems to be helping.

I had a bottle (1 litre) of the Sainsbury's water as I figured that all the aspartame in the water flavourings can't be doing me any good either, and because I finally got my sticks yesterday I was able to check I'm in ketosis. I can therefore safely assume that the water is not harming my progress as I put it in my daily diary so I can account for the calories and carbs and so far so good. Hopefully this way I can keep my water levels up and not have as much crap in the form of chemicals.

Yea stress is a big factor that stops weight loss but now your seeing some changes that should minimise some.

Last edited:
Hi u seem to be doing great. Hope I'm ur weight soon. Let's see. Just read u ordered 5htp tabs. Have u started them? Please giv an update on them as iv read about them. Would be good to hear ur experience on them. Xxx

Glad you have sorted out how it works for you now, bring on the shrinking xx

Hi u seem to be doing great. Hope I'm ur weight soon. Let's see. Just read u ordered 5htp tabs. Have u started them? Please giv an update on them as iv read about them. Would be good to hear ur experience on them. Xxx

Hi, yes I started them on Friday and I've not had any side effects as I read some folk get upset tummies etc but so far so good. I think they take a few weeks to get into your system so I'm not expecting to notice much yet. By all means ask me again in a few weeks :) or follow my diary as I'll note anything that occurs that I think note worthy.

Today I had 2 shakes, a curry with slim rice and cottage pie so hoping my carbs are ok and tomorrow will be positive.

The OH is now 12.5 and he's happy. He's lost over a stone and a half now, lucky git.

Morning all. I've just been reading through some other peoples diaries and several of them are counting down to their Christmas parties and I've just realised it's 2 weeks 2 days to my first night out that will involve a meal. There is a night out this coming Friday but I've not decided if I'm going or if I'll drink if I do as yet, so I'm not really thinking about that. I can always drive and that gives me an excuse not to drink and people generally don't question it if you tell them your driving because you have to be up early the next day for some made up appointment.

That means I have to try and loose as much as I can in this up coming 2 weeks then go and buy an outfit on the Sat before so I know it fits. I did buy a new coat this weekend and I bought it a little snug knowing in a few weeks it'll be looser anyway. It's not a glam coat for evenings out but rather a day coat that's wind and water proof although it's white (a colour I'm generally allergic too) with a fleecy lining, fluffy trimmed hood and little gems on the press studs. It looks rather nice even if I do say so myself and I know full well as soon as the black one is in the sale I'll end up with that one too. My poor credit card has taken a hammering this month and I've done no Xmas shopping yet either. I refuse to acknowledge Xmas until Dec 1st. Although I regret that every year when I can't find things as they sold out in Sept or something stupid.

I'm toying with the idea of getting out of bed now, as I really need to finish my hair today so need the time for multiple washings. I've been using a hair dye for years that contains bleach in it, so when I attempted to change colours and removed the original colour I've been left with a beautiful orange under tone. I've tried removing it with different kinds of removers but I've had to resort to bleach, which I didn't want to but it will not budge. I stripped the colour yesterday and did my first application of bleach and it's lighter but still a very neon orange. Now I could pull this colour off as I'm good like that, but it's not what I want right now, so today I'm going to try another application of bleach and try and avoid the ends of the hair that are damaged enough as it is and try and get the mid lengths. I'm hoping if I do it for 15 mins it will be enough to lift it a bit more without breaking.
Last time I went OTT with the bleach I totally knackerred my hair and ended up having it all hacked off. I was mortified but that's what happens when you dye your hair lots over the years. I need a good trim anyway so I suppose it's better I do this now this side of my nights out so I can correct whatever happens before I'm due to go anywhere.
I'm hoping that I'm not going to really ruin my hair but I can't think what else to do and I'm not one for black or brown hair colour so I can't even cover the orange with a darker colour and forget about it for a few years til it grows out.
I'm trying to go a lovely shade of purple but the orange underneath makes the mid lengths and ends go a horrible washy washy brown colour which looks odd against brilliant bright purple roots.

I also need to go to the vets for the cats flea drops. I guess I'd better do that first so I'm not running around with wet hair like yesterday when I realised what time it was and had to go to Boots with my wet scraped up and no make up on. I can always have a nap later being as I'm feeling cheated about waking up at 6:15 on my day off.

Yeah I can't remember what mine are on, but the vets have their weights in the system so I know I'm giving them the right dosage as one is huge and the other is skinny, so I don't want to give them the wrong amounts.

Well the cats got de-flea'd and de-wormed without any fight or resistance. Very impressed as I had visions of having to wrestle with them, wrap them in towels and force feed tablets that I'll later find stuck to the duvet. That's that problem solved for another month. And I was smart this time and bought next months supply at the same time too.

I sacrificed my 4th meal pack yesterday for a sandwich and hot chocolate. It's been weeks now where I've sat watching everyone else eating at the pub and not joined in, so I had my 2 bottles of water then had 4 quarters of cheese and tuna sandwiches and a hot chocolate. I figured I've got this far without cheating and being as I was limiting it to just the 2 slices of bread and taking it into my daily allowance then a one off won't do that much harm. The scales didn't really go up today either, just 1/2pound which is always the case on a Monday morning as the amount of water I consume at the pub on a Sunday night still seems to be in my system as it's less than 7 hours from my last drink to weighing myself. Tomorrow should be somewhere back in the normal zone.

Got told I was looking trimmer than last Sunday too, which was nice being as I hadn't exactly lost much weight is last few weeks. I'm hoping this means I did at least loose some inches during the scale number dilemma I went through. Thing is the person that told me only saw me last Sunday night yet said there's a good difference since then.

I can only assume the 3 day rest from the gym over the weekend did me some good as I got on that treadmill at lunch and ran for 20 minutes straight without slowing down for a breather. That's an achievement for me as I've not been able to do that for some time. I just seemed to have loads of energy so decided to go for it and see how long I could go for.

I think I will order some more shakes and porridge from S&S as I don't seem to be able to have more than 2 meal packs in a day and still get a steady loss, so ideally need some more shakes to pan it out but I also like having porridge at work as it warms me up. I have loads of meal packs to see me well into 2014 so need to either swap them or buy some shakes. I don't think I can be bothered trading so will just invest in some shakes. I'm also going to buy mostly the choc mint one as it's the lowest in carbs so is ideal on days when I'm close to 50gs carbs and still have another meal to get in.

I decided to go through my wardrobe last night and try pretty much all of my trousers and jeans and skirts on. Pretty much everything is now too big. I should be delighted but instead had a dilemma of do I replace them or take them in? I threw one pair out that are ripped yet I'd kept "just in case", threw a pair in the charity bag and have taken about 8 pairs to work to get altered and taken in. I also took my Hello Kitty onsie in too as that is huge so I've not worn it since buying it, but now I'm hoping it's a bit more snug instead of feeling like a sack I should be able to wear it round the house on a lazy weekend. I also took the feet off it as my toes reach where the ankles start on it, so I couldn't wear it due to falling over my feet and being a hazard for stairs.

Went to the gym at lunch and suddenly felt this rush of energy when I got on that treadmill and after a brief warm up in increased the speed to more than I can usually manage and pounded away for over 20 minutes without needing to slow down for a breather. That's a first for me in a long time as I've not been to the gym in a few months.
I'm not sure how the running is affected the scales at the minute as my weight this last few weeks has been so unpredictable I've no idea if I'd loose more not running or if the only reason I have lost recently is because of the running. Either way, if it's toning my arse and legs, keeping me fit and making sure I can do my fitness test in the new year then that's the most important thing imminently. And it also earns me some extra calories to play with such as today when I decided that because I'm not using my milk allowance I'd treat myself to some cheese on my chilli and an entire punnet of mushrooms. Usually I'd be panicking because I've used 616 cals and only had 3 meals so far but being as I earnt 339 calories running I figure I can have that 25g of cheese for 100 cals and be fine. It'll work out at about 750 calories for the day and about 53g carbs by the time I've had my supper shake.

Right, time to place that order for my porridge.

Day 41. I think. I'm loosing track.

Not feeling too good about now as I've been poked, pulled, prodded and quite frankly violated today. I've had my coil fitted so right now on top of having my period thanks to VLCD I'm now suffering even more having had 3, yes 3, nurses/doctors poking foreign objects into my nether regions. I could really go for the worlds biggest chocolate bar about now as I feel like my insides are being ripped out. I want comfort foods :( I came staggering out of the clinic feeling rather sore and delicate and some guy stopped me to ask for a lighter so I told him no and carried on and he turned and looking me up and down said "looking good". I could have clawed his eyes out which is a shame I couldn't take the compliment at that moment, as I hadn't made any effort, all I'd done was washed and dried my hair, put some mascara on and pretty much headed out. He didn't pick the best day to try chatting me up and I just snarled at him and charged past.

I had to grab a bar on my way out earlier as I hadn't eaten for a few hours and needed to take painkillers in preparation for the procedure and was amazed to find out when logging it in my diary that although it's higher in calories they contain no carbs. Is this right? Have I got some kind of dodgy diary or has my brain been affected?

I've ordered my extra shakes and porridge so they should be here tomorrow. That means I can continue having a warm breakfast for a bit longer now and also space my meal packs out with shakes. It looks like I'm going to be back on S&S after Xmas as I reckon it's going to be mid Jan now before I reach goal unless something amazing happens and I loose a stone over night. Stopping short of liposuction or limb amputation anyone got any ideas how to loose a stone in like 2 weeks max?

I have been totally dumbfounded by the scales, so much so I'm in disbelief and denial almost. I stepped on this morning at 6:30 and they said 10.7 so I sulked a little but carried on getting ready for work and thought it's probably down to being my TOTW (most ladies have monthlies, I'm having weeklies at the moment) as I feel bloated and like a blimp at the moment, but to my surprise when I got home this evening I decided to see what the damage was and I'm 10.5 3/4. I did a double take, stepped on again, got the other scales, moved them around the kitchen and even asked the OH if I was having a blonde moment, but no they did indeed say 10.5. I'm convinced this is a cruel trick as I feel huge at the moment and actually thought I looked thinner last week than I do right now. I'm still not convinced this is an accurate reading as it does not fit with how I feel. Odd.

I have a thing for mushrooms at the moment. I've had them 3 times this week already and we're only on Tuesday (my week starts Sun btw). Today I sprayed them with that butter flavoured 1 cal spray and put them in the Airfryer. They came out evenly cooked unlike when I attempt them in the frying pan. I think this Airfryer is my new best friend, I just need to remember I have it when cooking things as I still forget about it and end up doing things the hard way. I can't wait until I can eat normally again as I'm going to try fried bread in it. And eggy bread. Mmmmm....bread.....

Aw doesnt sound like yesterday was much fun but stop and think for a moment, a guy gave you a lovely compliment about how you look, you're doing something right...yay!! Hope you have a better day today xx

I no how your feelin kuromi, ive had my coil in for 3 yrs now!! Another 2 yrs to go, its the best contraceptive ever!! I had the worse experience getting it in and i struggled the 1st Year with very heavy bleeding, not to mention the pain i was in, the lady said its more painfuk for those whose never had kids as the cervix isnt stretched yet!! I tell u!! The way i was screaming and crying and was even telling the woman to forget it because it was hurting too much, felt like i was going to die! The pain actually put me off ever wanting kids. Il advise u bringing pain killers with in ur handbag as i used to get random sharp pains while i waa out on the rd, pain so sharp i feel to the ground, sounds dramatic but it was horrible, im not good with pain anyway and im not trying to put u off.

However after that year it settled in and my periods dont last longer than 3 days and on the plus side u wont gain a single pound with the coil.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You haven't put me off, I seem to have a strong pain barrier anyway. I've had 21 body piercings and god knows how many hours of tattoo work done so I think my body just thinks "oh she's at it again" and deals.
I've had a few twinges today but nothing worse than bad period pains. I'm bleeding quite a bit but hoping that will settle soon, although they did say it might take a few days. Hoping it's stopped Fri as I'm due for my bikini wax and don't like having to cancel but there's no way I'll go in if I'm still bleeding.

Scales still show 10.5 3/4 so I guess I wasn't dreaming yesterday. They haven't gone up today despite my huge mushrooms yesterday. That's good news as I haven't decided what I'm having for tea today but it might involve more mushrooms :)

You haven't put me off, I seem to have a strong pain barrier anyway. I've had 21 body piercings and god knows how many hours of tattoo work done so I think my body just thinks "oh she's at it again" and deals. I've had a few twinges today but nothing worse than bad period pains. I'm bleeding quite a bit but hoping that will settle soon, although they did say it might take a few days. Hoping it's stopped Fri as I'm due for my bikini wax and don't like having to cancel but there's no way I'll go in if I'm still bleeding. Scales still show 10.5 3/4 so I guess I wasn't dreaming yesterday. They haven't gone up today despite my huge mushrooms yesterday. That's good news as I haven't decided what I'm having for tea today but it might involve more mushrooms :)
Oh thats good, ive got 1 tattoo and wanted more but me and discomfort arent friends!! Hope the bleeding stops soon so u can get ur bikini wax, its like a nice little treat. Scales seems to be on ur side, it means ur doing something right. Im inlove with mushrooms too, i like it stuffed with mine and babybel. 10.5 is a good number and soon it will go even lower, good thing u didnt give up x Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
I'm 14.75 pounds from my goal, but depending how long it takes me to get there I might push ton9 stone then I won't feel so devastated when I gain the usual 5lb from eating again as my goal is 9stone 5lbs.

Back