Lactose intolerance

bellefrogette

Silver Member
is anyone using a milk based VLCD while knowing they are moderately lactose intolerant. I know do a version which of a VLCD based on soya'milk' but to be frank the less soya in my body the better.
I do like shakes when I have taken them, but after about 4 weeks the buildup of milk in my system gets to be unbearable, with the bloating, feeling whozzy, feeling pregnant.

I stop the milk for a week and hey presto, I feel much better.

Its just that I really like the convience of meal replacements .

So if you are lactose intolerant do you take a suppliment to help your body digest the milk or do you simply grin and put up with the symptons of the lactose intolerance.

Many thanks .

Lighter life shakes are mixed with water, not milk and are suitable for lactose intolerant people.
There is a recommended milk week on week 11 but you don't have to do it if you feel it will make you ill. It's just recommended-not the law! x

I'm semi lactose intolerant, drink lactofree when drinking milk. I don't really have many side effects from the packs, I don't think there is enough in them to effect me. I guess its how much lactose intolerance effects you?

Thanks ladies, I learnt something new, I never knew that lighter life was not a diary/soya based formula. Which shows it can be done effectively. It must also mean thatit is suitable for those who just do not want to drink milk for health or ethical reasons.

Back