Lactose intolerent - how to be creative with vanilla

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by miss america, 23 April 2009.

1. miss america

miss america Member

Hi Everyone
    Can you help ? I have a new client who is lactose intolerent - and oranges give her migraines. She is also intolerent to caffeine. Could anyone give me any ideas on how she can get creative with the vanilla shakes - ie: adding things to them that will not effect ketosis. I would appreicate any replies many thanks
    Miss America:p
  2. LauraLou85

LauraLou85 Well-Known Member

Cinnamon can be nice also some nutmeg, still not the most exciting flavours, but they do make it have a nice taste and it makes a change. :)
  3. Bubblesanon

Bubblesanon Member

De-caff coffee? have it hot like a latte? or cold like a frappacino type thing

what about the water flavourings can she have them? what would happen if you made a vanilla shake up with flavoured water??? I have no idea because I've not had any of the flavourings yet.
  4. Anaya

Anaya Well-Known Member

My sister absolutely loves the Vanilla shakes and she adds some instant coffee to them and some ice like a frappuccino type thing!

I've also read somewhere on another thread (sorry can't remember where..) that the citrus/orange flavouring added to this shake with mix-a-mousse tastes just like lemon cheesecake!! I haven't tried it yet but definitely worth a go! xxx